1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Jeni
    Please please be very careful. My heart was pounding until I read that child is OK.
    I sent a prayer of thanks to God an to keep you safe.

You are in our thoughts always!
    Take care and stay safe.

2 people like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi
    Nice to hear about your day at the temple. However, the only things I registered was the yummy halwa. :)
    Why is it that all you lovely folks have to live so far away? I wish we lived closer so that when you all make lovely sweets I can get to share them too.

Dear Manju
    You are such an inspiration, girl! Good going with the garden.

Hi Felonopsis
    Welcome! That was fantastic to read about your home cleaning achievements. I also see that you are losing weight!
    Congratulations on both fronts. Keep up the good work.

3 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I wrote a post yesterday wishing you all girls a very happy new year with lots of love, clutterfree, and positivity in life and home..and looks like it vanished.

jeni dear please please be careful.. thank god for small mercies..you will be in my prayers and thoughts
    latha you too , hope things have sorted out..

kamala loved that before and after..

manju you rock as usual

lakshmi you stay in madipakkam? (pathala vinayagar??) so asked.

magee, chitranilavu, doors, prana,AC and everybody else you all rock in your own way.

Had a blast on new years eve and a cake cutting at 12.00 with the apartment. we had cute little kids dancing and all. it was fun.. and had made baked vada in herbed curds and choco-carrot muffin. posted pics in virtual feast.... http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...ual-feast-only-photos-no-142.html#post2604890

Yesterday met an ilite whom i have been interacting with for the past 5+ years, came across as the same down to earth person as she comes across in her post.

today cleaned all the kitchen cabinet doors, chimney, mixie and juicer. handwashed a big load of clothes that cannot be done on machine.

have been taking care of the apartments garden as well as mine.so a little busy. and yaay to you manju. i too make my own compost..

6 people like this.
  4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy Dear
    I am glad you took time to repost as the other one vanished! Your words are so alive and brings in new energy for me. I admire how you handled new years eve and made it more fun for the kids with good food and safe environment. I need to find out if you have shared the recipe for baked vada and herbed curds! somewhere.
    You have become my role model now. Happy New Years to you and family

5. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Happy New Year to all the Super Ladies in this thread.

Jeni, please be careful and take good care.

3 people like this.
  6. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jeni,

It was definitely scary to see how things happened for you in the past few days.
    Please do take care for each and every step that you will take.

On a side note, is there any way these kind of slippery floors be handled?
    I think it also depends on the color of tiles. Like in mosaic we cannot see clearly,
    and if there happen to be slippery floors, it can be a nightmare.

Wish you a safe period ahead, Jeni.

3 people like this.
  7. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013, Hope this year brings lots of joy to everyone life here. you'll are one great group of friends I have inspiring me to live a stressfree life and take things as it comes. I know i m late to wish. Had been out of town for 3 days for a wedding. New year started with attending a family function, feeling good about meeting all my close relatives.
    Now for the commitment I had last week to arrange my wardrobe, I could do only 10% of the task. Became lazy and bit busy with wedding n travelling packing
    will do that today as its friday and can afford to sleep late ;)

2 people like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Nah nah AC, role model and me are two parallels, no where do i and the concept of role model meet..and it is so difficult being one don't you remember my blog on that..Being a role model, how difficult can it be??? - Blogs - IndusLadies

2 people like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  10. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Jeni,
    Please take care of yourself. Take enough rest.

Kkrish,
    Your 'before' & 'after' pics are nice.

Manju,
    Hugs to your DD for her temple performance. Happy gardening.

Shanvy,
    We are in Nanmangalam not in Madippakkam. After our shifting here, this is our first visit to that temple.

Latha,
    Hope everything is ok. How is your packing work progressing?

Yesterday we both had our Master health check up. By 6.30 am i finished preparing simple breakfast and packed lunch for my son and left for check up. Retuned in the afternoon had our lunch and took rest for sometime.
    In the evening I prepared Apple muffins for my husband who has turned 60 yesterday officially. Something went wrong that the muffins didnt rise well but the taste was divine.

Today cleaned newspaper & magazine rack. Dusted tv cabinet and rearranged the things inside the cabinet. And cleaned and oiled my sewing machine.

Lakshmi.

2 people like this.