1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Never take help oftears to show your emotions and words to show your anger

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 2, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Life is like a piano. White keys are Happy moments & Black keys are Sad Moments …. But remember….. ~~ that sweet music is only possible…. when both the keys are played together

Today was my dh's sister's grandson's first Birthday which we me and my dh both attended and was happy that my son took us in comfort in a taxi. His sister and family were very happy to see my son too because usually he is busy in office work and does not get time to attend functions. His sister was saying for her daughter's marriage also he took time and came for the marriage and was there to hold her during malai mathal and today also it is nice to see him. Since my dh's niece does not have a brother and for garlanding her son which mama has to do it , my son got the opportunity to garland the birthday boy. I was very happy. If you see this is nothing great but I get simple pleasure in these things. Atleast by getting the opportunity of garlanding the birthday boy he gets the opportunity to become a father soon.

A good method to remain happy and makes others happy is to be flexible and adjust yourself to different people personalties and opinion.

What a wonderful thought this is — If we contemplate further , we realize that ego is what keeps us from becoming flexible in so many situations of life, isn’t it? If only we could let go of our Ego (Remember do not let go of self respect !!!, just let go of ego ) —

Though I was happy with my son taking part in the function when I saw my sisters in law and my brother's wife enjoying with their grandchild I was missing my grandchildren. Anyway children are children whether they are ours or our relatives. So I also enjoyed playing with them.

On the whole enjoyed the function and also the yummy lunch

Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of those tiny successes. The big ones come too infrequently. And if you don’t collect all these tiny successes, the big ones don’t really mean anything. ~ Norman Lear

—-

11 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the superfast like Kuttettan dear

1 person likes this.
  3. kuttettan

kuttettan Silver IL'ite

Yup iyerviji ji, sweet music is the mixture of the black and white keys. Balle balle...nice read!!

And a self thought... An utterly-butterly-delicious meal would have its own long list of masalas...Some we may like to eat as it is, and some we may not. But its the mixture of all the masalas that makes a meal delicious ain't it?

2 people like this.
  4. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Vijimam... everytime I read your snippet, I get to learn something new and valuable...
    the small gestures in your posts, makes big difference in thinking of many young people like me. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Sorry to step in your post Viji Mam.. but couldn't resist myself...

nice one Kuttetan!!

2 people like this.
  6. kuttettan

kuttettan Silver IL'ite

Thanks prettydevil :) :)

1 person likes this.
  7. prashanthi9

prashanthi9 New IL'ite

nice one :)

1 person likes this.
  8. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty,
    Your post....right from the lovely title, to the meaningful quotes and the interesting anecdotes and your reflections.......wow...I feel as if I am beside you and listening to you...talking about the birthday and adding the wisdom of your age and experience.....
    A vitamin post...as usual aunty....Thank you....:):):)

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kuttetan dear glad you liked the quote and the post. True mixture of all masalas makes a delicious meal [

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pretty dear glad to know that you get to learn from my snippets. I share my experience and if that is useful for you, I am very happy