Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear ChitVish,

I am venturing into the kitchen after quite a long time, Mom left for India, so time to head back to the kitchen boo hoo :-(. Just before she left, I tried some of your recipes to impress her and she was blown away. I tried the Methi balls in Vetha kuzhambu(a slight variation of your recipe to avoid the coconut) and Voila!! It was amazing, we could not taste the bitterness of the methi leaves, it was actually more flavourful and tasty.

Next, of course with Mom's help, tried making Naan, with Palak Panneer and it was a great hit too.. My husband now wants the Sunday menu to change to this from our usual Aloo curry, chinna vengaya sambhar.

Thanks so much for the wonderful recipes, will be regular with feedback from now on!
    Regards
    Vidya

2. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Suda Suda Bajji

Dear Chitra,

Yday was a cold rainy day. So made suda suda bajji. This is the easiest and tastiest bajji we have eaten in a long while. Adding dosa mavu was a novel idea and my husband liked the addition of ajwain very much. To my surprise my daughter had bajji as her dinner. We really relished it. Thanks a bunch for simplifying this all time favorite recipe.

Love
    Shobana

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

A new entrant to my forum is a very good news to me, Vidya !

Ofcourse, as you write, you may have been trying recipes - but for me, F B s are coming my way only now !!!
    Now that Amma has left, well, the kitchen work comes back to you !
    Thanks for your F B s Vidya !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

My dear Shobana !

We South Indians can almost sing
    Bajjee, my dear Bajjee!
    We love it so much - oil or no oil !!
    Thans for the F B.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Made oothappam yesterday. It was so tasty and easy to make. I tried with half the qty to see the fb from the boys. They liked it and so next time I can grind more and store. I am bored with same dosa arain and again.
    Then, made pavakkai sambar and seppankizhangu roast with milagu rasam today. What to say, mmmmm....
    Planning to make ash gourd soup today, have pressure cooked every thing. Also had prepared veg. stock. Minestron tomorrow. Bought hakka noodle also for tomato noodle soup.
    It is surely very interesting to cook with your various recipes. You are the best thing that happened to all of us at IL.

6. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear ChitVish,

I made Kalyana Rasam today and it was divine. The only thing missing was plantain leaf!!

Thanks again!
    Regards
    Vidya

7. Chitvish

Ha ha ha - Vidya !

Coming from the "banana bed" of Tamil Nadu, I can understand & appreciate your comment !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. vls

vls New IL'ite

Pakoda vaaram

Dear Chithra,

This week end was pakoda vaaram. On Sat. tried gobi 65 and followed cashew pakoda recipe to make onion pakoda. Both were an instant hit. On Sunday made Bangalore pakoda, this was yum yum too.

Made CV Irupuli K for idiyappam - they were made for each other. Need to admit that idiyappam was store bought. You get fresh idiyappam for a nominal price here.

Take care.

9. Chitvish

My dear vls !

Oh, lovely, pakoda v---a---r---a---m ?
    I am surprised that you get idiyaappam there, G !

CV goes with everything & everybody, rest assured, G !

Love & regards,
    Chithra.

10. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Some new items that I tried

Dear Chitra,
    Veggie biriyani, spicy channa salad,minestrone soup. Veggie biriyani was awesome. The idea of alternating layers of rice and veggies were outstanding infusing all the flavours.First time tasting shah jeera.
    Spicy channa salad was interesting too. We liked it very much as it eventually ended up as our dinner.
    MS as usual was wholesome just like your other soups.Thanks for all these wonderful dishes.One doubt? For lapsi idli should I also add the soaked lapsi water while grinding.TIA.
    Love,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.