1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on the Delhi Gang rape

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Hi all I just read this article and thought it worth sharing. It tells us how we need an attitude change. Please share with your family and friends.

India Journal: What You Can Do to Make Women Safer - India Real Time - WSJ

Moderators, please remove the link if it is against community guidelines, but since this is a very important topic please consider retaining it, so that others can read and share.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Agreed ther with u, that ladies in safe clothes have ben raped also.All we can do is to be

3. Barnowl

Barnowl Gold IL'ite

We will keep on having discussions on the web, at home, around the water coolers, at tea shops. Then what?

To put it in mumbai ki bhasha - ' bak bak karne ka time kab ka niklela. Ab solid action dikhane ka time aayelaai.'

Time to talk has long passed. It's the time to act. Time to strike terror in the hearts of criminals. Let's start with one crime at a time.

While this is happening, a grassroot movement must start 'culturing' boys, men. This can start at the homes. It needn't be related to ' you mustn't rape' but to 'treat others with respect'. To begin with one's own mom, sisters, kaamwali bai etc. The hypothesis being: a guy who respects the women in his household would extend the same courtesy to the others outside or worst case will not indulge in such gruesome crimes if not for his conscience but atleast for the fear of the law.

2 people like this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

As parents we aer to blame even today, for giving a long rope to the son, and not to the daughter. this bias is there even in educated families, the boy can come in late at night , he can sow his wild oats, justified by parents as " this is his youth, after marriage he will settle down", but they will not allow the same for their daughters.Hence the sons get thsi superior attitude. i may be wrong, but this is what i see around me.

Abused by relative, well police is not at fault there.This whole blog means, dont blame the polioce there aer many crimes, many of which are self inflicted or where something went wrong between the two.

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful wht u said about the young girl.She knew what the sentence is, and she is afraid that someone close to them could be the thief and they would have their arm cut off as punishment.

Yes i agree laws must be stricter, justice dispensed faster, but for that, i forsee a lot of dicciculty.When kasab trial took 4 years, even when he was caught on tape at the VT station of mumbai, when we had all the oproof, then how do we expect fast justice in this country ? The courts are clogged, tje laws lax, i agree with u there all the way about stricter laws and opunishments.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega,

i agree wuith the slow painful death.Something like the Saudi treatment eh ! Public behadings is good for these louts, and a good example to people to let them know the consq of their misdeeds.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Do u know, most of these courier guys, electricians, etc that u mention, are uneducated, from the lower strata of society. For them any woman is easy meat.They are waiting for an opportunity.Since we cannot expect the police to be present to guard us in our homes, all i ask is we take our precautions ourselves.Remember some 40 years back there used to be a latch thru which we could open the door slighly and see, and then there was a small glass in the door, first we saw thru thjat? Today i dont see both, for they would spoil the shaope of our expensive door !!!!!

Regarding teaching values to sons, well , the population increase if of these louts for whom sex is just entertainment, and children born the consequence, unlike the educated class, who think may times ebfore they hjave the child for they have to educate teh child, do they have money and space is what they think.

And if u will ercall , all the six of this gangrape are from the slums , unducated louts. And we can never be safe from them, for they are encouraged to stay in shanties by the govt on encroached land, for they vote for the politicans.

i dont see much solutions in sight, just that we take our precautions, and hope for the best.

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

RSK,

Well said. i liked ur point about the boy, who could have hurt one or two of them. And i read today the boys family and the boy have left delhi for their hometown, and they did not bother to attend the funeral too.What to say.

And i dont understand why did the boy have to take the lift in the bus,. they were cajoled into the bus, why did they go in ?? Today if a girl is walking on the road, can she be cajoled into a car ? She can say no.

i dont know if u remember the case of Billa and Ranga. here it is from google , read what happened
    Geeta and Sanjay Chopra kidnapping case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thekids used to take lifts, well this time, the driver was a wrong person, he raped and killed the girl and ehr brother. Their stategy was, they used to remove the handle of the door,.from inside so u could not open the car door from inside.This was late seventies.

So we know it is risky to take lifts, but we dontl earn anything eh ! What was the need to take a lift from thjebus?

And what yr friend said, that she can walk naked on the road and no one dare stare at her, what can i say, she is living in a fool's paradise.

it is like keeping milk unguarded in front of a cat,
    meat infront of a dog,
    showing of moneyu and jewellery in front of yr servants, and expecting them to keep quiet.They might even murder u, to steal that money and jewellery, so that u will not identify them.

We must ake care of our lives and our belongings is what i feel.

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Agreed on the lousy scences they show, but dont the ladies who act in them, do so willingly. i am not endorsing it, even i feel repulsed,

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Dont feel guilty.We cannot take everything on our head. What u suggest is ideal, but how far practical , i dont know. i dont see any improvment things may actually worsen, for the crimes such as these are committed bu these hutment type people for whom all women are sex objects, they are uneducated, what can u expect from the,

Sad but true.

Regards

kamal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.