1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The importance of looks

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by niti123, Dec 29, 2012.

1. mohini16

mohini16 Silver IL'ite

It definitely does matter for initial attraction but only looks wont gurranty the success of relationship.....
    i had been in realtionship with gorgeous looking man and it didnt last long as soon as i figured i dont feel secure around him and he is hell dominating and cheater...........

2. headspin

headspin Bronze IL'ite

looks do matter.. no matter how confident or successful you are.

i believe im a tall, very fair, smart, well dressed, confident, mostly well spoken, earning well, do ALL housework, keep inlaws happy (atleast 80%), cook well, independent, dont depend on my husband for money, not maerialistic (in the sense, dont demand anything costly from husband/parents), clean nature after marriage, decent mother, good wife... (atleast 80% of the time)...

but i am fat.. and my husband reminds me about it atleast once a week. not directly, but by commenting about the fat, the clothes not suiting me, not to wear XYZ clothes when out with him, about how some cloth would look good on me but wouldnt fit me, etc etc.. and that, no matter how much i try, ruins my mood mostly. i go in defending mode, we argue, fight and pooh... i end up crying. i feel he doesnt get physical with me because of this...

so, looks do matter..

2 people like this.
  3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

^^ this is what it is exactly.

4. niti123

niti123 Silver IL'ite

Technically, being fat should be attractive. Men dare even the laws of physics

5. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

To me a hindrance in looks is if I have a problem - something that does not put me even under "normal" - such as morbidly obese or very hairy or a skin disorder like leukoderma. For everything else between tall-short-dark-fair, I think there is a workaround in dressing to suit you, carrying yourself well, and having an inner confidence.

3 people like this.
  6. Indigo88

Indigo88 New IL'ite

Looks do help. However on a balanced side, charisma, confidence, carrying yourself well, being a happy, sociable outgoing person will radiate positive energy.

1 person likes this.
  7. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Looks, success does not determine happiness. I liked the recent post called "watta jodi" because there it says how 2 short hunchbacks are blisfully married. Dont you see perfect looking people getting divorced/ physically or emotionally abused by spouse? It does determine to an extent first impression but in the long run its the nature and attitude. Like someone wise said, "Marry the person who can stand you for the next 60 yrs". Just going by looks is a big risk dont u think?

3 people like this.
  8. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Importance of looks is directly proportional to who's is looking at you and with what feelings and intentions.

Pretty/ attractive faces and smiles definitely draw you towards those ppl.. however if one is totally self absorbed and overwhlemed with themselves they can rarely find anyone pretty or attractive... may infact trigger their complex...

In none of the matrimonial ads you find an explanation of negative physical traits but always things like.. fair, tall, sharp etc etc.
    It does matter to a lot of ppl who are looking for a show piece to pose with and to show to the rest of the world.. what they've with them.. also a lot that happens behind the door can be hidden.
    If looks din't matter then we wouldn't be expanding the cosmetic, entertainment and beauty enhancement industries.

Definition of beauty differs from person to person.
    Looks can assist you in finding a partner... how the marriage shapes up depends on the final requirements from that pretty / non pretty partner for all those ppl whom you're married to (indian setup).

1 person likes this.
  9. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Ahh ....... I ve had it........

Simple fact.........
    People fell beautiful when those who matter to them think likewise........

People feel bad when those who matter dont see them the way they perceive themselves.........

Self perception depends upon self confidence........

If you are confident about your self you feel beautiful in every thing you do.......

If you are not confident about yourself even if others see yourself as beautiful you still see something lacking or missing.......

Thats it........ Kapeeesh........

10. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

Can't agree more...it's really insulting and hurtful when people tell u that even if it's disguised as a compliment... "Oh, am sure the interviewers gave u full marks when they saw ur dazzling smile", never mind that I had slogged for months, with a whole lot of other "disadvantages" in my life..

1 person likes this.