Delhi victim Dies in Singapore!

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by vaidehi, Dec 29, 2012.

1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

RIP....girl. No words.Feeling ashamed to be a part of a cruel society.

2. sbmat

sbmat Bronze IL'ite

RIP.......as someone said of having feelings of relief that the ordeal is over for her i share the same thoughts and feelings....as a society today we all are symphatetic to what she went through but if she would have survived the same society 2 yrs down the line would have pointed that she should have been careful/she shouldnt have been with the boy etc etc ......
    at a party some 10- 15 yrs back there was a woman who was gang-raped and i still remember women gossiping about her (the couple had gone for a late night movie when the incident happened)
    i am shameful for living in a society where young girls are raped but even children who are barely 2 1/2 yrs age being raped ........it sends chill down my spine when i read such incidents ........

3. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I know what you mean - my thoughts exactly. I am completely taken aback. So, does this mean that these guys were cruising around looking for someone to rape? Or was this a crime of opportunity? How did the perpetrators reach this 'consensus' so rapidly and set upon them with such inhuman violence? This is some sort of mindlesss 'mob' mentality. How does one go from 'here' to 'there'? One hesitates to call them 'animals'. The evil that lurks beneath the surface ...! I guess we are supposed to get around in cars now.

Except that she expressed a desire to live. She seems to have been a spirited young woman.

Thanks for the information, Smriti. The only 'good' thing is, since there were no 'real' passengers, it should be a relatively straightforward matter to prosecute. Nothing in India is straightforward, but I hope these fellows get what they deserve. I am glad to see the uproar. Grass-roots people-power is far more reassuring than our institutions and authorities.

5. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

I second with what Yumna and Sofea and others who think same to same.....I am quite relieved that she is free from any pain now....Nobody can fill her loss to her parents but at least she is no longer alive to live a life like a hell.

Now its a turn of those beasts to suffer.........If govt cannot do any justice, public will do.

6. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

My blood literally boils ...... to read the 2 culprits are "Remorseless" of what they did ! The main accused has even given a statement saying since "she insulted me i did it to her to take revenge ".

Such a cheap thinking ..... What did they expect from her ?

7. sachinsharma

sachinsharma Bronze IL'ite

Its really shame full to be a citizen f this country.. :(

8. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

RIP :( you were really strong.