1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

About my wife

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by VRB, Dec 20, 2012.

1. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

Either she is too "self centric" who dont really care about you or this relationship...or she is an FAB.

IMO...she is taking you for a ride or doesn't deserve somebody like you. Being successful in office and elsewhere in the world, but dont have the nuts in the mind to even tell you what she is expecting from you...even after a kid and two yrs of marriage is no good behavior in marriage

1 person likes this.
  2. krishlakshmi

krishlakshmi Silver IL'ite

I really want to appreciate the way you have written this mail.YOu have conveyed everything as if you don't have any strains on your hand.
    1)You have stopped your love making for certain argument ?...you are giving punishment to her or punishing yourself..You both sounds to be young and this is time you can enjoy your life.

2)Have you called your wife in between while you are coming back to home around 11:50 -This shows that you are not bother to intimate your wife where you are?any girl/lady will get worried if the husband not returning home early without intmating (not picking up the call)Just walk in the shoe of your wife and try to understand her.

----You have sit and talk to your wife and understand her problem and viceversa----

3)Controlling the temper like a hero and exploding one day,seperately living without spouse bla bla..all sounds to be immature.One good thing i can see from you is you have great concern for your kid.Just think of your future and kid.Both sounds to be successful in career in same way you can successful in your personal too.But it needs sometime to focus on each other.

Little analysing and taking effort to solve the problem will definitely change your life.Yourself and your wife just spent(visit) half an hour of your week for the old homage/hospital or people in need.You understand you both are blessed.Life is to be lived happily.Don't waste your time on small arguments then you may miss out great things in your life.
    All the best.

3. Ranjitjayanthi

Ranjitjayanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Megalife

love these lines of yours :)

//....two years is still a honeymoon period.....and these adjustment issues do happen....a few more yrs and you will be fine and happy! You marriage is just fine!

1 person likes this.
  4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Op,
    Is there a possibility that someone (a male) whom she trusted earlier in her life has wounded her deeply..... Hence her lack of trust in "all" men.....she lashed out at "all men" right?

Please look closer at the men in her life especially her father / uncles etc. either someone abused her mentally / verbally (even physically) or that person whom she adored did not live up to the "image she had" about them.

If her realtionship with her dad or someone she respected is strained, you have to point to her gently to deal with it. It is spilling over into your relationship.

she has to see you for you, rather than as a part of "those men".

She is clinging to a job rather than a relationship. That should be a clue about trust issues due to past hurts.

Just my two cents.

Btw, her behavior and words are not right and she has to take responsibility and deal with this ASAP.

2 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

From wat u hv said here i think u both hv swapped ur roles as husband and wife...u were more worried about d child than she was when u both were having argument is jst an example.Tell me would u put up wid her behaviour if she did not earn as much as she earns now??? trust me she hs sensed it n boy!! if u let her do tat to u again then she'll continue to humilate u tis way forever.
    Now the good part short tempered ppl do end up hurting others more than they mean to.That means now shes actually guilty of wat she did..so i think u shld forgive her.
    And let me tell u returning home at 11:45pm frm a Bar is actually equivalent to a crime(frm wife's point of view)and so u shld hv expected tis.Bt u can avoid such situations in fututre if u jst call up ur wife n tell her u r out wid ur fren n tat u'll b late.
    Let me tell u r actually a nice father/husband bt u like(not luv) ur wife.Frm ur post i sensed tat not once bt twice u said u were proud of her n tat she hs a good job....pls dnt treat her like a bank...treat her like ur wife...
    U need to communicate more wid her ...trust me ur wife 'll understand tat u actually luv her :)

6. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

one of the solution is to live as a doormat husband. she out rightly disrespects you, suspects your character and does not really trust you. i dont think any amount of talk will help. Therapy might help, provided she is willing.

2 people like this.
  7. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Learn to love her for who she is with all your heart and see the difference.

8. OliveOyl

OliveOyl Gold IL'ite

I can tell you one thing, she is very insecure. Try to make her feel secure in your company. Being a working mom myself, and having extensive demands in the work place always is in direct conflict of the feeling of not doing enough for husband and kid. Everything that you do will seem irritating, since she feels she is doing so much more.

Beleive me it is a passing phase. Try to not hold grudges, and things will be alright again.

9. digezt

digezt Senior IL'ite

10. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite