job in UK

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by vinayaji, Oct 8, 2012.

1. vinayaji

vinayaji Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Shortly we are moving to UK. I'm very conscious about my career. My qualification is msc. b ed. now can i get teachers job in UK with this qualification? or do i need to give some exams for that?
    thanks in advance. hoping for quick reply !

2. vandanasrinivas

vandanasrinivas Silver IL'ite

3. vinayaji

vinayaji Bronze IL'ite

thank you very much vandana!

4. soujanya825

soujanya825 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Its really tough time i have been looking for job from 1 yr still havent got job. I worked with top MNC in India please let me know any of your thoughts in finding the job.

Thanks

5. MrsPrasadh

MrsPrasadh Junior IL'ite

Hi Soujanya,

You have experience on which field in India.

Regards,
    Anitha Prasadh

6. MrsPrasadh

MrsPrasadh Junior IL'ite

Hi Vinaya,

You need to take Teacher Training in UK, as they have certain process and laws which you should be adhere before you take up job as teacher. Here Teacher pattern is totally different from our teaching style. Mostly we find it difficult to get into job as teacher in UK, as our pronunciation is difficult for children to understand and syllabus is also different. Id you are pursuing teacher training in UK, you need you start your career from the scratch in UK (Primary School/nursery ), as here they will not consider your Indian experience and pattern of teaching students.

Please visit the link for more information. Do mail me for more information.
    School-based training - Get into teaching - Teaching Agency

Regards,
    Anitha Prasadh

7. soujanya825

Hi Anitha,

I am having 3.6 years of experience in testing worked with Accenture in India.

Thanks,
    Souji

8. MrsPrasadh

MrsPrasadh Junior IL'ite

Great,

I am wondering, that with this rich experience still you are finding it difficult.
    Can you tell me further more details on your skill set such automated, functional or manual testing or any other testing certificates you have ?

I am sure you have tried through all the jobsites in UK ?

Regards,
    Anitha Prasadh

9. soujanya825

Hi Anitha,

I have done development and testing both in testing I have done both manual and automation(QTP) and had DB2 cetification done related to data base. I have gone through all the job sites but not getting many calls even if i get they say you need uk experience and few dosent reply back. I am there in a situation with out work for many days. I even told them iam ready for junior roles even but none replied. Really finding it very difficult with out work.

Regards,
    Soujanya

10. MrsPrasadh

MrsPrasadh Junior IL'ite

Hi Saujanya,

I understand many of us are in that situation. but you have bright chances to get job, its just that you need to stretch a bit. I would suggest you to get connected with professional through professional sites such as linkedin and find out organisations / companies who exclusively work for testing and quality improvement. Check out on domain specially. Meanwhile update your knowledge and practice projects at home.
    After finding out companies please get connected with professionals through linkedin and request and approach them with your interest in getting job.

This may work out in your case. Good luck and keep in touch. Most important don't give up easily. If you are comfortable you can mail me your resume, I will fine tune that for you.

Regards,
    Anitha Prasadh

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012