nursery or playschools in sharjah or ajman

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by deepaliingle, Mar 16, 2008.

1. deepaliingle

deepaliingle New IL'ite

hi,i have a 1 yr old son and recently shifted to sharjah, wanna know if there r any gud playschools or nurseries for personal and social development of my son as he is very naughty, active and loves to explore things.If someone could recommed me the same.And the academic year starts from when???

2. sajithasajith

sajithasajith New IL'ite

Hi, there are gud nurseries . Depends on your location in Sharjah........there are some near the our own english school, balloon nursery etc

3. deepaliingle

deepaliingle New IL'ite

hi sajith i stay near megamall.Do u have kids.Is it worth sending my baby to a playschool at age of 1yr here in uae.Cause in india its really worth while.Please give me details of some playschools.thanx for reply.

4. sajithasajith

sajithasajith New IL'ite

Hi

I dont think I will be able to guide you more.........I had visited the ballon nursery once with the intention of leaving my son, but since they didnot have transportation towards our area i dropped the plan. But found the place to be gud for kids

I am leaving him in a babysitting facility for 2hrs in the morning now . This is very near to my place........there is another kid there and I feel my child benefitted a lot from that. Or else u see unlike in India they are alone at home, with no one to play or interact, which will slow down their development......and in nurseries they do make them study and play and lots of stuff........so it should be gud. As such I dont have details about other nurseries, but had seen some nurseries opposite to the old our won english school. Hope this helps

Sajitha

5. deepaliingle

deepaliingle New IL'ite

hi thanx 4 reply where is ballon nursery.I also have the same opinion as ur s for my son.I am new here where is our own school and can u tell is baby sitting gud and wat do they do there.how old is ur son.do they take proper care of babies there.My son is too small now just 1yr and doesnt know to walk as yet.But he is very curious to learn new things the problem is he doesnt go to anyone he is very introvert scared of new faces just wats mom around 24 seven.Sometimes its really frustratin.So i want him to join a gud nursery which can really help in developing my baby s growth.

DEEPALI

6. sajithasajith

sajithasajith New IL'ite

hi deepali

so having a tough time with your little one.....dont worry he will grow out of it soon. I was lucky enough to find a gud lady for my son(2.5 yrs old). Not sure if every baby sitters do take that much care........But in nurseries I feel they might be a bit more responsible.

Now if your son is scared of new faces, maybe you can try taking him to a nursery or a babysitter nearby.....stay with him for a week so that he gets used to them and then sttart leaving him on his own.....believe me you will be surprised how soon he will get accustomed to it. Our own english school is near the sharjah cricket stadium.........maybe far for you.....since I stay near the national paints area I am not sure about nurseries in your location

Sajitha

7. deepaliingle

deepaliingle New IL'ite

hi
    thanx 4 reply.Where ru from in india.I am from bombay.I recently came to sharjah the thing is i was from a joint family there, so where my kid grew up i didnt come to know .But now i am findin it difficult to manage things all alone.Also a little scared tat my kid shouldnt become dull or introvent.Maybe i think i should call up helpline and take the numbers of nurseries near my residence..so wat do u do?ru a house wife?i hardly know anybody here.how old is ur son .ok gtg.
    bye
    deepali

8. sajithasajith

sajithasajith New IL'ite

Hi deepali

I am from kerala, settled in Bangalore........havent taken up a job here..........I found it real hard to leave my son alone and take up a job.......same like u, I used to fear if the day care would take gud care of them and so on.....

Well, the mega mall area is a gud residential area, so try talking to your neighbours in your flat...........there ought to be a lot of Indians.....and since most of them will be working they might have done some research on the nurseries and so......as such I too have been in sharjah for only two years, but still find it hard to adjust........keep getting home sick when I think about kerala. So are u planning to take up a job soon.......maybe once your son gets used to going to the nursery u can think about that.......gud luck anyways......I will let u know If I get any information

sajitha

9. dipika117

dipika117 New IL'ite

Hi

I Am dipika from delhi and recently moving to Sharjah , My kind is 3 Yrs 8 Months old and although she have got admission in KG 1 in Delhi , we did not sent her to school as we are relocatiing in June and planning to live in Sharjah

Can you suggest me the good place ( as earlier been said to live near Mega Mall area ) to have an better transportation to dubai ( My Hubby Job will be in Dubai Media city ) , what kind of transportation is available from Sharjah to dubai media city as we would not be having in car there although i drive in india , and which is a good nearby market to do some initial shooping

A great help if somebody can guide me what can i bring as luggage from india ( which items are costlier , which i can buy locally and from which market )

I want to get admitted to my kid in KG but as i will be relocating in month of June , will i get admission in KG in any of the school in sharjah to save my kid;s one year or else i will have to wait till jan to get her admitted .

as my kid will complete 4 Yrs in Aug 2008 , can i try her to get admitted directly in KG-II ??

This will be a great help if somebody can help and guide me so that i can mentally prepare me for all thse things...

Dipika

10. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Hi Dipika

Will come back later and give u more info - for sharjah the schools would be DPS -sharjah (very good) go online and send them an enquiry. Check the list of schools most schools will reply to mails. June the first term completes so mail them soon. As schools close from mid june to end august. If your kid goes to school already in India then do get a transfer certificate - most schools list the requirement on their web site. That way u will have a continuation not a break. Dubai UAE schools list - international private American Indian British English US UK primary high
    more later
    best wishes
    preethi