Funny Travel Story

Discussion in 'Travel' started by PADMATW, Dec 7, 2012.

1. PADMATW

PADMATW Silver IL'ite

Once we had a family trip to Agra, Madhura and Brindavan.

Agra being a well-known historical place, we found it easy to cover the main places.

But to cover Madhura and Brindavan, we really need the help of travel guides. So we took a guide to cover the important places. It was a real fun we enjoyed. While covering places, the guide used to tell some or other stories. At the end of each story he used to utter “Jai Jai Krishna” and made us to repeat his actions as follows:

• Clap twice
    • Both hands up:clap
    • Utter “Jai Jai Krishna”
    • Finally, laugh loudly (mouth wide open) with sound aahh…aahh..:rotfl
    All our children enjoyed doing these actions. Initially we elders were feeling shy, but later we too started doing these actions being an unknown place for us.

The funniest thing was he took us to the temple saying that it was the place where Krishna used to play when he was a month’s baby. The idols were kept downstairs. We had to get down through the slope to reach the idols. We were supposed to do baby crawl and climb down to reach the idol worshiping place. It was a fun to all our children and we too enjoyed doing all funny actions. :biglaugh

One thing bad we noticed was that all these travel guides have a link with the priests of temple. They take us to those temples particularly. These priests will tell some reason and are keen on grabbing money from us. The worst scenario is that some of the priest used to shout at us if we do not pay money to them.

Really seek the attention of Tourist Department to take proper action in developing such wonderful tourist places.

Regards,
    Padma

5 people like this.

2. optimism

optimism Junior IL'ite

very nicely written.i loved it

3. mrskannan

mrskannan Bronze IL'ite

Wow! It is nice. I missed to visit these places. I would try to see it again when I am going there.

4. Mishal

Mishal Senior IL'ite

Hilarious...the guide seems to be some quirky character lol