1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is old age homes good for senior citizens

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Neerjavakil, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Neerjavakil

Neerjavakil Silver IL'ite

Vidya
    Love you for understanding the sentiments.' Like' is missing in your post.

1 person likes this.
  2. vidyamenon

vidyamenon New IL'ite

let the op decide what i should write

1 person likes this.
  3. Neerjavakil

Vidhya
    Somebody is trying to tamper. This is not myth any more look out for my thread Remains of Dwarka Nagri found.
    The above thread is in news and politics section

1 person likes this.
  4. Neerjavakil

Vidya
    While in this thread i repected everyone's emotions whether he/she was against or in favour of OAH. I really can't understand the people. We bow down does not mean that we are inferior or superior to others. We bow down to pay respect to our Gurus.

1 person likes this.
  5. Neerjavakil

Vidya
    Let them do what ever they want. God is with us and with them also who live in the egos. May god forgive them.We don't want any body's ill here However, very postive energy spreading among the masses with our ideas.God is great. Let us abide by his rules. One positive thing is that while this thread i found a friend like you. I like your name Vidya By the way who has kept this name Which means a Knowledge. Infact, you are bandar of knowledge.:)
    Love you
    Neerja

1 person likes this.
  6. vidyamenon

vidyamenon New IL'ite

Janani Janma-bhoomi-scha Swargadapi Gariyasi
    Mother and motherland are superior to Heaven.

dear neerja

i am a very stylish person,but i embrace my culture like a kid to a mother
    what i am today is the blessings and devotion of my forefathers
    i got ur reply as i was typing-love u too dear,god bless!
    best regards
    vidya

7. Neerjavakil

Yeah Vidya I admire From the very begining from your post i saw the love and intensity in your posts with which you stand up for thougts ideas is really admirable and worth appreciating. God bless

1 person likes this.
  8. Neerjavakil

[
    :bowdown

Loved that one.

How abt Vasudev Kutumbkam

1 person likes this.
  9. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dear Neeraja
    This topic is very close to my heart and almost always a thread of this nature gets too personal and an
    objective discussion is almost impossible and thats why I stayed away after my one post.
    When people for and against OAH they talk invariably about completely different scenarios.One talks about people in their 60s ,physically fit,financially solvent ,able to lead independent lives and OAHs which are more like retirement homes.

The other group talks about people in their late 70s 80s either bed ridden or in the final stages of dementia and completely at the mercy of the caregivers.

For people in the first group..OAH is a choice...they can stay home by themselves...if not with their children .....but for second group..OAH is not a choice. Its the last option when children for whatever reason are unable to care for them at home.
    The issues are not about people in group 1...its about surviving the last years for people in group2. For most of us posting on IL....we have had warnings for a while. I know I need to save for my retirement. Save for my last years of hospital/nursing care. But for the seniors today rules changed in the middle of the game. After they invested their entire savings on the children...they find that they should have saved instead so they could affford decent OAHs.

The common argument is having children is a choice. Is it really? Ever thought about what happens if everyone decides not to have kids ? The race will perish. Period. And I am not hypothesizing. Please look at the nations with a dwindling birth rate....including Japan. A healthy younger generation is needed for the society to keep the wheels running. Its a complex problem.Topic for another day.

What really needs change is the way OAHs are run.Almost all the ones I have been to had zero accountability .The sorry state of laws against senior abuse is alarming. They dont see the need to change because no one cares enough to fight for them .... We talk day in day out about so many issues...why dont we fight for our parents?As society we have an obligation to let them breathe their last in dignity and to that end long term disability care must be a fundamental provision that we should fight for ..along with public education ,womens rights,childrens rights....etc etc etc.

5 people like this.
  10. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Vidya and Neerja,

The reason why posts have been deleted have already been informed to you through PM, I fail to understand why you guys are posting queries related to deleted posts again and again.

To cut it short, any posts which divert from the thread topic/ any personal attacks or insult posts are deleted.
    Also, requests for deleting posts is not entertained by anyone, this is a moderators own decision.

Yes, you have right to speak in forums but with dignity!

Going forward any such posts seen in any of the threads will be deleted and if you need an explanation for the same, do not depend on GOD's answer, just PM me and I'll let you know.

Request you both to go through the http://www.indusladies.com/forums/site-help-and-faqs/2676-forum-etiquette.html before putting on your next query.

1 person likes this.