satyanarayna pooja?

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Laxmi, Jun 2, 2006.

1. vindhiya

vindhiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Frnds,

I will also do Sathya Narayana Pooja on every Full moon day. If its is skipped on that particuler day. I do on Eakadashi. I will fast for the whole day and do the pooje in evening I will read ganesh mathra and do Sathya narayana pooja after finishing the pooja I will distribute prasadam (Kesary).

Now my doubt is this: My Grand ma passed away in July' 08 & from that month onwards I am not performing Sathya narayana pooja, Since my Mom is telling that we shouls not do this pooja for 1 year since grand ma died. This is correct we should not do the pooja for 1 yr. Please share your ideas frnds.

2. prabha80

prabha80 Senior IL'ite

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  3. chitranand

chitranand Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I too perform Satyanaryana pooja . You can get the book from any shop that sells puja books or in particular from giri traders Mylapore.

I perform the puja in a simple format. First I say a prayer for Lord Ganesha then to do navagraha pooja followed by Vishnu Saharnamam and Lakhmi ashtothram. Then I say Satyanarayana slokam and namavalli. then I say the katha and offer prasadam. the prasadam is keasari made from wheat sooji.
    Hope this will help. Or else if you want I will post the slokas and katha in tamil after some time.

4. shettys

shettys New IL'ite

Re: Sree Satyanarayan Poojai

hi vidya,
    could you kindly tell me the procedure,i have the stories and aarti in hindi,but dont know how to perform the pooja?please let me know asap so that i can conduct the pooja on the next poornima

5. SandhyaBalaji

SandhyaBalaji Senior IL'ite

Dear All,

I am new to this forum. I was doing SatyaNarayana Swami pooja/Vrat for past 4 months. Last month I was not able to do Pooja. Can I resume the Vrat from this month?

Thanks,
    Sandhya

6. DeepaRamesh25

DeepaRamesh25 New IL'ite

Re: Sree Satyanarayan Poojai

hi vidya ,
    your pooja format is really good . Can u pls tel me wht slokas u tell for each god Ganesha poojai, Venkatachalapathi ashtottaram, Sree Satyanarayana ashtottaram and Mahalakshmi ashtottaram.

1 person likes this.