1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Am Dr. Charu Chitthra.Am an siddha doctor and can help u with ur queries. So if u have any feel free to post them and I will reply at the earliest.

Regards,
    CC

2. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

Re: hi

Hi Dr. Charu, Mubeen here frm chennai, wanted to know whether Kerala ayurvedic herbal massage helps in weight reduction... pls reply....very urgent!

3. amudha71

amudha71 New IL'ite

[hi docc is there any remedy for weight reduction in your system of medicine
    :help

4. charuchitthra

yes there is

Hi Amutha and Mubeen,

Yes. theeres effective measure for wt reduction in siddha. But it ll work effectively with diet control and minimal exercise. Its not like u take the medication and lose wt the next day. It works progressively for the kg of wt u wanna reduce.

Mubeen,

Ayurvedic massage and steaming do help in wt loss but That too ll be effective if u practice it along with some diet restrictions and exercises.

Jus medication alone cant bring down wt. its liek a bank deposit. To reduce the amount in deposit u shud control input and maximise teh output. that doesnt mean u shud starve. U have to eat planned diets. the medicines role is mostly it preevnts absorption of certain fats or it helps burning of one kind of fat more. So if u take either type of medication it ll work only with diet and exercise.

Regards,
    CC

5. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dr.Charuchitra, Thanks a lot for your kind reply.. very informative! I do gym, aerobics and diet as well.. I am starting my Sidda treatment frm 2mrw... I am going to start 7 days massage and steam program for weightloss. hoping for good result... wil keep you posted!

6. Pia

Pia New IL'ite

Hello Dr.Charu,

I am suffering from hyperventilation with many symptoms last 2 years.Is there anything for me in ayurveda?Here,the tests have been done and I am told that it is due to my shallow breathing for years.I am suffering very badly.Can u please help me out??

Pia

7. charuchitthra

try pranayama

Hi Pia,

There s a certain amount of treatment available for hyperventilation. but ve to see the test results to know whether those ll wrk for u. I suggest u learn pranayama from a yoga master an dpractice it. It ll benefit u and u ll get relieved from ur symptoms soon. Try this and tell me

Regards,
    CC

8. gauridatta

gauridatta New IL'ite

Re: try pranayama

Hello dr.
    I am 27 yrs. old female married for 2 years now. My problem is i have missed periods but after marriage they some how became a little regular.
    I also have a complaint of scanty flow previously i used to have periods for 4 dayz and now it has reduced to almost 2.5 dayz and little on rest of the dayz. I got checked myself and my thyroid level was 6.5 last august. this year report is awaited i will let u know. I feel a little diff.in losing weight i am now 68 kgs. and would like to be 60 kgs.
    Plz. give me a diet plan. I live an extremely active life and do a lot of walking and jogging soem dayz a week and yoga and pilates also for a change 3-4 times a week. I do power walking daily minimum 3kms and some times 6 kms also.
    plz. guide me on this so that i can get rid of my last 5-6 kgs.
    Ur help is deeply awaited
    REGARDS
    GAURI DATTA

9. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

pls advise

dear dr.,

You have mentioned that restrcited diet will help reduction in weght.

:helpA sampe diet from your end will help so many IL lites...............and am sure you will be blessed.

Hope you can do it,

usha

10. charuchitthra

Hi Oosha n Gauridatta,

I am giving u the diet plan. But it ll b effective if u practise it consistently also along with exercise. And that consistency is not an easy thing . I say so from my personal experience.

Morning
    7 00 am
    A cup 200 ml of skimmed milk coffee/ 200 ml of milk

8 30 am
    breakfast
    two slices of toasted bread( without ghee r butter) can use small amt of margarine r plain toast / 2 idlies/ 2 dosas without much oil/ 2 rotis/
    one whole fruit
    one glass of milk/ juice(preferbly natural without artificial sweetners/ homemade without additional sugar s the best)

12 30 pm
    lunch

one bowl of salads( sprouted pulses n grams/ veggies(raw r half boiled )
    one medium cup rice/ 2 rotis/ 2 phulkas
    veggies as curries n gravies( ll advise to drink lean soups / rasam along with food say 200 ml)
    ( remember to use little oil for tempering n if u r having a vegetable that has to be fried instead boil it n use)
    curd or butter milk

3 30pm
    2 marie biscuit/ i whole fruit/ one cup sprouted green salad with lemon n chillies/handful of kismiss(dried grapes)
    one cup 200 ml of skimmed milk tea r coffee

7 30 pm(its better to ve early dinner when u r dieting cos tht prevents u from snacking in the evening n it ll give u time for the food to get digested

3 rotis/ one cup rice with veggies n gravies/ one cup upma with gravy r chutney/three dosas thin r two normal dosas
    one tumbler 200 ml buttermilk (not curd with water. make sure u take the butter outta it)

10 00 pm
    one whole fruit

Rememeber
    to drink minimum of 3 to 4 litres water throughout the day
    lessen the use of oil in cooking
    avoid deep fry instead shallow fry
    for shallow fried stuff try dry frying without oil
    and the hardest part dont snack in between n don be on empty stomach for more than three hours as it ll tend to get u to snack

All the best
    Regards,
    CC

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.