Index - Puja format

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Aug 25, 2006.

1. bharathi28

bharathi28 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,
    thank you so much for such a wonderful gift of this thread. God Bless You with good health and long life! thank you. My prayers and gratitude to you.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nice to see your interest, Niraja. During the puja chant anyone which appeals to you. Later in course of the day, you can chant whatever you like, subject to the availabilty of time.
    All the best.

3. NirajaJayabal

NirajaJayabal New IL'ite

Thank you chitvish.
    that was a quick response....:) and thanks again for clearing my doubts. will take your suggestion.
    take care and my best wishes to you.
    - Niraja

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ma,
    I am searching for Navaratri puja format also last year you had given naivedya list to be prepared for navaratri I was very much impressed but my ill health at that time didnt allow me to follow will you please let me know....Naivedyam List

5. Chitvish

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

7. Thank01

Thank01 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra ma'am, I have some doubts reg.the pooja procedure. Every morning, i start my prayers after washing the idols (Ganapathi, Saibaba and Mahalakshmi) with water, put chandan, kumkum, and then follow the pooja prodcedure as given by you - I recite ashtotharam for Ganapati, followed by Saibaba, our Kulaidevam and Mahalakshmi and then recite VS / LS and a few other slokas. I do the "avahanam" of the above mentioned gods, do the kalasha pooja and all the other procedure as mentioned in your document. My doubt is : should we do the "avahanam and the complete pooja vidhi for each god and then move on to the next god - ie. do the avahanam, the rest of the procedure like offering of dhoopam, deepam, prasadam, kalpooram and finally yadha-sthanam for Ganapathi, and then do the full procedure for Saibaba and then again for Kulaidevam & mahalakshmi ? Or can I do a combined avahanam, kalasha poojai, chandan, kumkum, akshatai, etc recite all the ashtotharams together, then receite the rest of the prayers and in the end just do a nevidyam and camphor ? Please clarify.
    Earlier I was doing the procedure individually for each god and then move to the next. But someone told me that we should do everything together and do a final arathi, nivedyam, etc after completing all the prayers ie. right in the end. I have also been told that we should not do "yadha sthanama ..." everyday. Now, I am confused. Please help. ​

8. Chitvish

Hi, one combined avahanam, naivedhyam etc will do mentioning as "sarvae devaan-----".
    Please don't bother about such nitty gritty details. So long a you do with interest & devotion, all is well. Relax & enjoy the puja. All the best.

9. Thank01

Thank01 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra ma'am, Thank you very much for your prompt response and advice. I will do as mentioned by you above. Regards.

10. DeepaRamesh25

DeepaRamesh25 New IL'ite

Re: You made my day, Sudha !

super work mam i hve one doubt . Wt is the procedure for satyanarayana swamy vrat for dng at home.
    Pls send me the format and slokas for each pooja.
    Thanks in advance

love & regards
    Deepa.