1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

India trip with 2 year old -worried

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by indigirl, Dec 6, 2012.

1. indigirl

indigirl Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies, I am travelling to India with my two year old DD. I am really worried about her health and falling sick during the trip. This will be her first india trip. anad we are going to travel a lot back and forth between different cities in flight, train , taxis to meet our close relations.
    I am really worried. would like to hear from you if you have managed a trip without your toddler falling sick or what you would have done differently in case it did not turned out to be very smooth one. Any Dos and donts, pls tell me.

2. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Hi indigirl,

Dont worry she will be fine. Carry the medicines you would usually give her for fevers(tylenol, motrin whatever) because calpol in india didnt work!! Carry some favorite snacks with you. You do have a lot of options in India now- flavored yogurt, cereal etc. Whenever you are travelling, be careful about the food you give her. Whenever possible, try taking something from home. And water- never give water from tap or water served in restaurants. Take boiled water from home or buy bottled water.
    And keep lots of odomos. You can't escape from mosquitoes. Keep hand sanitizers and hand wipes and keep using them.

3. DURGARAJ

DURGARAJ Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Try to take some of her favorite toys and snacks before going to India. As you are going for the first time, she may find little trouble with the Indian environment. Try to feed the things and the way you are doing here instead of jumping to their varieties. Make sure that you take medicines, band aid everything that is concerned to her from here only because sometimes they want their favorite things only.