1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Children impact Parents' bond?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by navyar, Nov 29, 2012.

1. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

The answer is different for different people. Having kids will strengthen the bond only if they are in a good relationship. If anyone wants to have kids just to make the relationship work then it can become a problem.

Also I wouldn't suggest anyone having kids immediately after the marriage (esp if it is an arranged marriage) . I think as couple you need time to understand each other.

1 person likes this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Couldn't resist...Perturbations could destabilize an otherwise stable system....they could however also be used to bring order and control chaos.:coffee

1 person likes this.
  3. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

Yes chil1dren will make the bond strengthen between parents dad will feel more responsible towards the family wives want that only right we r having good time with our 3yr lo if his dad shouts at me he says ush and beat him same with me vice versa sometimes we r forgetting what we r fighting about with my lo innocent actions &talks now we can see the added colors to our life

4. navyar

navyar Gold IL'ite

I completely agree with you on this view.

Out of personal experience I would say,

Arranged marriage + staying with in-laws + manipulative MIL + 'Mamma's boy' husband + pregnancy immediately after marriage,

is sure to hit the rock bottom!

Sometimes, it actually takes hitting rock bottom before you can begin to improve and grow together. But, It takes the worst to bring back out the best.

5. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

i am against this...having a child with a doting father definitely brings down the relationship...its my personal experience...my daughter 1 1/2 yrs old is the apple of her father's eye(mine too)..but he does things for her at any cost..like hurting me, finding faults with me even for petty things...when she walks and if she stumbles lightly, he gives me a stare that i am not looking after hera..he is not understanding that kids stumbling when they learn to walk is a common thing..this is a simple example and now it has come to an extent that i am taken for granted and she is everything for her...

parents brought together after a child is absolutely rubbish

3 people like this.
  6. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

I partially agree to the OP's question.....Because otherwise there would be no separations or divorces after having a kid.....Is it possible? No. There are other factors that may cause divorces, for e.g. ex-marital affair but ultimately even a child cannot bond his/her parents to stay together (though in some cases it does, but not all). About this ex-marital affair, is the real case happened to one of my relatives and so i am into this conclusion.

I completely agree to what some posters here said that the couple should strengthen their relationship first and then enter into parenthood. It is very important to build an understanding between two individuals, be it an arranged marriage or love marriage.

2 people like this.
  7. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

This is exactly what my answer will be too.

1 person likes this.
  8. navyar

navyar Gold IL'ite

May be out of too much of love for his daughter he might be acting so... It happens with couples that each of them thinks that they are the only one who is loving their kid the best. this makes them find fault with each other in parenting.

It requires a lot of broadmindedness as an 'individual' in understanding things around when you are too much in love with the child.

1 person likes this.
  9. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

firstly i think both the husband and wife shud feel ready to bring in and raise a kid. that is the first criteria. and that comes only after u ve sized up eachother and have decided he/she will be a good parent to my child. a bond already exists in that case and sure it strengthens cos u realise that u r both responsible for this small helpless creature that each of u have helped create.

1 person likes this.
  10. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

first of all after marriage, the couple should get to know each other, support each other and be there for each other. secondly, children are a result of their love, commitment and support to each other inspite of all odds, if that exist, children will only add to their life and support.if couple do not understand each other, then children like other problems will definitely impact their bond