1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Keep Your Skin Super Soft This Winter

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by coolblues, Nov 20, 2012.

1. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

very nice tips coolblues...just in time as its the beginning of winter and dry skin and chapped lips.

2. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

hi

i am using old chinthal and niveya moisurizer cream, after took bath applying ponds cold cream on my face, it makes face as oily but once u applied ponds powder it wont be showing as oily. This is my experience.

3. meja

meja Gold IL'ite

nothing can beat the old technique of drinking lots of water. it helps not only the skin but has gazillion benefits for our body.

4. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Great tips Coolblues on the right time. I too had problems with face becoming dry as the winter has begun. I tried Olay Day cream and it was fantastic.

5. Bakula1

Bakula1 New IL'ite

For body, I like to mix pure, raw nut butters (shea, sweet almond, cocoa, avocado, mango, etc.) with pure organic oil (grapeseed, sweet almond, macadamia, hemp, jojoba, etc.) and use that to moisturize after exfoliating in the shower, and patting (never rubbing!) my skin dry.

Another good body moisturizer is AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion, which is a 12% lactic acid body lotion that’s pH-balanced for the skin. It's perfect for the rough, dry skin I get during the winter.

For face, I alternate using a mixture of rosehip oil mixed with jojoba oil, and an 8% alpha hydroxy face cream. Both are wonderful for removing blemishes, acne scars and wrinkles, while softening skin and evening out skin tone. My skin looks smoother, brighter and clearer because of it.

You can buy all of this online. Hope this helps!

1 person likes this.
  6. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your tips, Bakula...

Regards.

7. geethaa666

geethaa666 New IL'ite

Any Vitamin E oil, Almond oil, Olive oil is good and gram flour instead of soap is very much safe for skin in the winter season

1 person likes this.
  8. aisibi

aisibi New IL'ite

I have super dry skin, as in it flakes when I undress and itches also. What worked for me is shorter bath time in warm water. Never use very hot water. And I use finely powdered oats instead of soap, and it has done wonders to my skin. I don't use soap at all now. And after bath, I add a few drops of almond oil or olive oil to some water and pour it over, before drying.
    At weekens, I mix some sugar in olive oil and scrub myself and wash. I don't use soap or anything to wash away the oil. I dry with a towel that goes into laundry and wear some old clothes...

1 person likes this.
  9. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Dove soap does wonders for the skin in winter;
    Applying Til oil/coconut oil/olive oil 30 minutes before bath and washing off with either gram powder or Dove sopa/Cinthol original works well.
    Dove mositurising cream and nivea cream is very good;totally helps.

10. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing. Very useful info.

coolblues you always come up with Amazing topics and threads.:bowdown