1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

dhs problem with my parents

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by amicabledeepu, Nov 27, 2012.

1. apaasn

apaasn Gold IL'ite

Sweetshreya,That was an awesome reply! I have nothing to add,this should really help you,OP.

These people just want to create fights and give tensions. The only way to beat them is to ignore them,this is hard but practice,practice and it will become a bit easy. Ignore them,don't react negatively in front of them,you focus on other things and life will become easy,they will also stop trying to annoy you.

My Dh is the same,initial two yrs of marriage I kept him away from my parents,I never asked him to call on their birthdays,I never asked him for anything regarding my parents,once in a bluemoon he would ask me if my parents are fine,I would say ya they are doing fine.now when we visit India he himself buys gifts for my parents(of course he buys double for his parents) but its a lot better than initial yrs.now he himself dials their number on Diwali,new yr and talks nicely.but I have changed into a person who really doesn't care what he does.

2 people like this.
  2. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Sweetshreya,

Very good description of DOs and DONTs.
    Its very useful to me also:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

I agree with Sweetshreya's response 100%. One addl thing I would like to add - ask your dad not to advice him about taking time to exercise. It is a sensitive area - even though your dad has all good intentions.

1 person likes this.
  4. amicabledeepu

amicabledeepu Silver IL'ite

well ya iam trying to make my folks understand this ..
    Parvathi no it wont be the case at all cause sil had a love marriage and hes very cool she almost comes everyday to mil and for all functions he picks and drops my mil ,and he doesnt care even if she talks crap..
    katakam ya for my dh family its not dowry they feel they dint take anything from us ..he says he married me without dowry
    navyar ya my parents arent smart at all and they just talk blankly without thinking ,iam trying to make them understand please talk a little tactfuly ..i cant see them getting after everyhting they did for us and i know their intentions are good but dhand his family doesnt take it that way,mil waits for a chance to point out anyone she has this clever way of talkin and my parents cant match up to her skills anyway..:(
    lukywife ya i agree that he wont take anything against his family ,even if i say i called but they dint cal me bak he gets angry and creates a scene ..i always support my parents in front of him if he argues about them..and he says i shouldnt do that he expects me to take his side as wife..
    sweetshreya thanks a lot for your response and u give such smart response i really like the way you giv suggestions ,and i will make sure ill follow all these
    i cant do a tit for tat i feel it really cheap that he has done that so i have to do that to his family even if i have issue with his mom i dont complain him because it wnt solve any problem and it will lead to a fight with him too unless its a too big issue i avoid discussing with dh ..but mil complains for each and every smal thing and he believes it she leaves her bad talk part cunning lady..
    hope someday after listening to all your sugestions i can become smart in handling people too and come to a stage where i can also advice people ..touch wood:)
    aminroop ..yes dh and his family view no dowry ..they are very simple people who married a gal with no dowry they feel so..ofcourse i should agree they have spent lavishly too she has given me a lot of gold becuase hes only son and all..
    fencesitter ya unfortunately yes..:(
    apaasn ..nice to hear he buys gifts for them and all..i hope my dh changes too a little bit i dont expect too mch from him atleast i expect him to be cordial to them and dont complain for each and everything ..

thanks for all your replies iam implementing all these and will update you all about the positive effects ..:thumbsup
    i want to add i can see a change in my handling of things after joining Il,before i used to take everything sensitively and get emotional but now iam thinking twice before reacting to anything ..thanks for all your help..:bowdown

3 people like this.
  5. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

Super Super like:thumbsup
    Thanks a lot,very useful tips.I will keep these in mind.