Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

hi mam, i made gulabjamun, ribbonpakoda,doodhpeda coconut burfi and mullu murukku.everything tasted very well.thank u so much .but for doodhpeda ,little bit sticky while rolling but some how managed and refrigerated for some time.but the taste was excellent.ribbonpakoda tasted very well but i was not able to make it as a full circle.

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Harini,
    Your feedbacks are, as usual, excellent and shows your interest in cooking.
    May be the doodh peda was a a wee bit earlier patham. But any sweet firms up on cooling.
    Ribbon need not come in circles, don't worry.
    Great going:)

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra Mam,

Made these items in the last few days. For Diwali made thattai and Maaladu.

1.Curryleaves powder - I just loved it..The aroma and taste were too good , had rice with this powder and gingly oil...
    2.Moongdhal Diamond snack - Crispy-tasty ofcourse healthy snack...I gave this to DD for her school's snack time.
    3.Tomato Bath - The flavour was too good..The addition of coconut milk enriches its taste..
    4.Thattai - Though the taste was good and crispy, I feel it is not at all perfect..So I will do this again.
    5.Maaladu - I did this as 3 batches of around 20 each...I did it in ghee+oil combo as my DH hates ghee.The taste was too good.It rekindled my childhood memories :)

Attaching the pictures of, Moongdhal snack,thattai,Maaladu...

Thank you mam, for all the tasty,healthy recipies...

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  4. Chitvish

Nice collage, Prana!
    Don't worry - thattai needs little practice to get thin & crisp.
    Coc milk adds to the taste of any dish :tongue

5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Dear mam, forgot to give FB for pesarattu and ginger chutney...
    Actually this is the first time am seeing/making/tasting this dish...I just tried this dish because of its nutritional value...
    As you said, both were made for each other..I loved the chutney very much..DH had it with little rice...
    But my doubt is, Dosai texture was little bit kozha kozha..Is it tend to be like this or my misktake..?please clarify my doubt mam....

6. Chitvish

This is such a popular combo, typically Andhra traditional!!
    Yes, because of wholemoong, the batter is slimy!!

7. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

dear mam, i made carrot halwa with mock khoya as u had suggested. simply superb!!!!!!!!!!!!dh just loved it. and i made crispy pakodas. for mock khoya how long i have to fry milk powder in ghee?:bonk i just pored some milk and made it as a mass after few minutes.because i am trying this for the first time.but halwa's taste was so good.and for crispy pakodas will that be like bondas or very crispy ? finally i found a organic shop in my place(kolathur)and got thinai rice and bought kambu kurunai from nilgris. going to try something either pongal or upma with them. one doubtmam, is it easily digestable for the elderly persons?and that too for dinner? please guide me. thanks for everything. withlove.

harini.

8. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi C amma,

First time tried my hands in baking, from 7.30 t0 till 11.30, i have tried 3 of your recipes :)
    First : Lemon Cake (my MW is auto, hence just 10 min) different flavour, never tasted b4.
    Second : Cherry Cake ( kept it 25 mins) hence it has become crispy.......but the taste is great, served it saying fruit rusk (also i have not made it to dropping consistency).
    Thrid : Rich Chocolate egg cake, yummy this time i kept it just 15 mins and it came super spongy....soooo Happy.

Thank you............

Few queries.
    For spongy cake, we have to make the batter to dropping consistency, as we do it for chocolate cake, is it correct?
    Can we increase the sugar content, will it affect the cake consistency or texture?

9. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear mami,

Made dhal dhokli for dinner yesterday. Tasted really nice and was very filling. I substituted lemon with tamarind. Can I add more vegetables like cauliflower, baby corn etc. ? I added only carrot, peas and potatoes as given in the recipe. Made Ukkarai in microwave as per your recipe for Diwali and it came perfect. Tasted superb and was very very easy to make compared to conventional ukkarai in stove top .

Thank you for the recipes

10. Chitvish

Harini, so long as the resu lts were good, don,t bother whether you did it right or wrong. Light sauting is good enough.
    Too ncrispy will lead to stiffness.
    Uaually millets are light on the stomach and do not upset stomach. Go ahead.

1 person likes this.