Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Re: Good diet and nausea

Hi Pebble!!

Congratulations for your first pregnancy!! So now after reading so many replies you can easily tell that you are not alone :-D.

I am going to complete my 8 weeks tomorrow according to the ultrasound scan. And believe me I am feeling exactly the same way like you have mentioned in your post like I am also unable to eat anything these days because of nausea which is not limited to certain period of the day like afternoon or morning or night it lasts for whole day so I am eating bare minimum :eek. I dont throw up but even then my diet has reduced drastically after getting pregnant. Not only that I just dont feel like doing any activity. These days I just want to sit in front of my laptop or want to lie down and sleep because while sleeping bonk I dont feel all these(nausea, weakness, dizziness due to weakness) sick feelings. The biggest exercise for me is cooking dinner because smell of oil makes me sick like anything :cry:.

I used to worry alot about my baby because I am not eating or drinking adequate amount. Then I talk to my family Gyn in India she told me that baby is getting everything it needs from your body and its only you who is going to feel weakness , fatigue and more nausea so eat anything you like. Take in small quantities because of higher amount of hormone production your body's digestive system becomes slow. But try to eat 5-6 times in a day. But do eat. And if you can take milk then take it with boost, horlicks, bourn vita or anything that you like. It will not only enhance the taste as well its nutritious value also :thumbsup. Milk is itself a complete food. I used to like fruits a lot but I am taking them just because they are easy to eat and there is no oil in them(oil makes me terribly sick) and they taste better. I like sweet and sour fruits like oranges, pear etc. because they enhance flavour of my mouth which is almost bitter these days Rant.

So the moral of the story is eat. Eat whatever you can eat be it junkfood or just unhealthy food........ just eat anything. And keep this thing in my mind that all these monsterous feelings will fade away one day as everybody and other ILs have suggested us :iagree.

Take care of yourself and life within you.
    V n Baby

2. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

3. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Re: Pregnancy diet

Except for alcohol, smoking and any drugs without proper consult from the doc any food can be consumed as long as you are not allergic to it and as long as you can tolerate it. Just reduce preservatives like MSG, sodium benzoate and additives like high fructose corn syrup and other artificial additives in your food. You generally cannot precipitate anything serious to your baby by what little you consume. If you have to do serious damage you should be eating tons of it and be exposed to such ingrdients in very high amounts which is not seen naturally. So enjoy your pregnancy and don't worry too much. Consult your ob for the best advice and rest well. Congrats and welcome to pregnancy.

-L.

4. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Re: Good diet and nausea

Hi Pebblebeach,
    I am on my 7th week of pregnancy. :clap
    I am also feeling just like you feeling how baby get nutition food, if i am not taking properly. As all other IL'tes said, it is only we have to eat whatever we feel to eat atleast in 1st trimester.
    U know what, i started throwing up, i feel like very very weak and do not want to eat anything...but after few minutes, i will just feel let me eat anything...how many times i throw up keep sending food inside tht's all.....
    i am really having hard time eating food but still keep on working that.
    Taking soaked almonds, (and after that just to roast a little bit if u want or it is optional,) i guess we might feel little bit good. take milk is good option. i am trying to take 2/3 times per day. atleast that will help little bit.
    After reading all threads, we will come across many were on the same boat as we are, so Don't worry and be positive. Do not take too much mental stress.

- Chitti.

5. Sruthu

Sruthu New IL'ite

Chitra's Pregnancy diet

Hi everyone,
    I came across mention about Chitra's pregnancy diet in one of the forums.I tried searching ..but could not locate that thread.Could someone please help me out.

Thanks,

6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

7. rashy

rashy New IL'ite

Wht to eat and not eat during pregnancy

Hi gals,

I have few questions abt eating habits during pregnancy, btw this is for my sister:

1. What to eat and what not to eat during pregnancy.
    2. Which vitamin tablets should be taken (I have prenatal multi vitamin)
    3. Can I eat boiled egg (both white and yellow part)
    4. What vegetables and fruits should be avoided?
    5. When do i start eating chicken (in my home they don't allow to eat chicken till 3 months).
    6. I heard its good to take fish tables during pregnancy. Which one and in which month do I have to take?

Thanks,
    Rashy

8. rami_nk

rami_nk New IL'ite

Re: Chitra's Pregnancy diet

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the useful information on pregnancy diet. I am in my 6th month. Any suggestions on sleeping posture, my mom advised me to sleep on my side position and also told me to avoid lie down on back. Looks its very difficult to sleep comfortably on ur sides during pregnancy

Thanks,
    Rami

9. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Any alternative for milk?

Hai all,

I am 22 weeks pregnant and still have nausea feeling for milk. Though I try hard to drink I am not able to resist it. Can anyone suggest any other alternative where I can get all calcium and vitamins of milk.

Thanks
    AmpuComputer Typing

10. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Re: Any alternative for milk?

Try Soymilk that has vanilla flavor that might help.

-Vidya