Miscellaneous

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by hope, Jun 2, 2007.

How many of IL do this vrata?

1. How long does it take

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. How beneficial is it?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Sapthapadi, Which Of The Two Below Is Suitable For Our Life Now

Step 1. Groom:"My beloved, our love became firm by walking one step with me. You will offer me the food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide for the welfare and happiness of you and our children.
    Step 1. Bride: " This is my humble submission to you, my lord . You kindly gave me responsibility of the home, food and taking charge of the finance. I promise you that I shall discharge all responsibilities for the welfare of the family and children.

Step 2. Groom : My beloved, you have now walked the second step with me. Fill my heart with strength and courage and together we shall protect the household and children.
    Step 2. Bride: My lord, in your grief, I shall fill your heart with strength, In your happiness, I shall rejoice. I promise you that I will please you always with sweet words and take care of the family and children and you shall love me alone as your wife.

Step 3. Groom: My beloved, now you have walked three steps with me. By virtue of this, our wealth and prosperity are bound to grow. I shall look upon all other women as my sisters. Together, we will educate our children and may they live long.
    Step 3. Bride: My lord, I will love you with single minded devotion as my husband. I will treat all other men as my brothers. My devotion to you is of a chaste wife and you are my joy. This is my commitment and pledge to you.

Step 4. Groom: My beloved, it is a great blessing that you have walked four steps with me. You have brought auspiciousness and sacredness into my life. May we be blessed with obedient and noble children. May they be blessed with long life.
    Step 4. Bride: My lord, I will decorate you from your feet up with flowers, garlands and anoint you with sandal wood paste and fragrance. I will serve you and please you in every way.

Step 5. Groom: My beloved, now that you have walked the five steps with me, you have enriched my life. May God bless you. May our loved ones live long and share in our prosperity.
    Step 5. Bride: My lord, I share both in your joys and sorrows. Your love will make me trust and honor you. I will carry out your wishes.

Step 6. Groom: My beloved, you have filled my heart with happiness by walking six steps with me. May you fill my heart with great joy and peace from time to time.
    Step 6. Bride: My lord, in all acts of righteousness, in material prosperity and in every form of enjoyment and divine acts, I promise you that I shall participate and shall always be with you.

Step 7. Groom: My beloved, as you walked the seven steps with me, our Love and friendship became eternal. We experienced spiritual union in God. Now you have become completely mine and I offer my life to you. Our marriage will be for ever.
    Step 7. Bride: My lord, as per the law of God and the Holy scriptures [Vedas] I have become your spouse. Whatever promises we gave, we have spoken with pure mind. We will be truthful to each other in all things. We will love each other for ever.
    OR<!--[endif]-->
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width: 80%;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="80%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0cm;">
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    1.<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="border: 1pt outset rgb(0, 153, 0); width: 90%;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt inset rgb(0, 153, 0); padding: 0cm;"> Together we will share the responsibilities of home and children
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:48pt;height:35.25pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\AJITVS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif" o:href="http://www.moodumullu.com/images/fp1_11.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width: 80%;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="80%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0cm;">
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> 2.
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="border: 1pt outset rgb(0, 153, 0); width: 90%;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt inset rgb(0, 153, 0); padding: 0cm;"> Together we will develop mental, physical and spiritual strength
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1027" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:48pt;height:36pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\AJITVS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image003.gif" o:href="http://www.moodumullu.com/images/fp1_17.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> 3.
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="border: 1pt outset rgb(0, 153, 0); width: 90%;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt inset rgb(0, 153, 0); padding: 0cm;"> Together we will prosper and share our worldly goods
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1028" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:48pt;height:35.25pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\AJITVS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image004.gif" o:href="http://www.moodumullu.com/images/fp1_23.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> 4.
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="border: 1pt outset rgb(0, 153, 0); width: 90%;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt inset rgb(0, 153, 0); padding: 0cm;"> Together we will fill over hearts with great joy, peace and happiness
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1029" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:48pt;height:36pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\AJITVS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image005.gif" o:href="http://www.moodumullu.com/images/fp1_29.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> 5.
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="border: 1pt outset rgb(0, 153, 0); width: 90%;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt inset rgb(0, 153, 0); padding: 0cm;"> Together we will raise strong and virtuous children
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1030" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:48pt;height:34.5pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\AJITVS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image006.gif" o:href="http://www.moodumullu.com/images/fp1_35.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> 6.
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="border: 1pt outset rgb(0, 153, 0); width: 90%;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt inset rgb(0, 153, 0); padding: 0cm;"> Together we will remain faithful, lifelong partners.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1031" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:48pt;height:36.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\AJITVS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image007.gif" o:href="http://www.moodumullu.com/images/fp1_41.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> 7.
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="border: 1pt outset rgb(0, 153, 0); width: 90%;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt inset rgb(0, 153, 0); padding: 0cm;"> Together we will cherish each other and our families in sorrow and happiness.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: Sapthapadi, Which Of The Two Below Is Suitable For Our Life Now

hai friends you don't have a opinion here to share, i thought many would come forward to see how this helps or not here..sunkan

3. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Question Regarding the Homam to the new home???

Hello everyone,

We are planning to do homam to our new home(in India). (Just a short trip so want to make it a simple thing). What is the best/good/one that is followed/general homam to do? Also my in-laws 60th kalyanam & my little ones one yr completion is coming at the same time.

Is there any homam/puja that we can preform @ our new home to combine these(sorry bonkif I am :spining u), also Can v do 2 aayush homam coz my parents r here & his parents r there(India) so just want to know.:crazy

Thanks in Advance for all ur response.

DSrini

4. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Re: Question Reagrding the Homam to the new home???

hi,

ganapathi homam and navagraha homam are the must for new house.If you want to do it simple,it will take hardly 3 hours.only after doing grahaprevasam,any other function has to be performed.Ayushhomam is usually done based on birthstar.so it should be done separately based on birthstar.Consult your family purohidhar before doing anything.

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Re: Question Regarding the Homam to the new home???

Dear Dhivya,
    With little knowledge, i'm writing what was done for our new house.
    Grahapravesam -we did ganapathi homam+Navagraha homam+sudharasana homam+ vasthu shanthi(i dunt know the exact name of that pooja).But we did some pooja for vasthu purushar, as they call.
    First two will be mandatory i guess for any new house along with the traditional "milk boiling".

For aditi, you need to perform ayush homam based on her birth star.

This is My 2cents

6. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

I'd love to hear from people here in US reg grahapravesam....

1.Did you go with a priest as you would do exactly in India and how long did it take?
    2.Did you perform all the homams the same day?
    3.How did you handle the safety issue(smoke,flooring....)

7. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Aishu & Krithika Thank u so much for ur inputs. BowBow.
    I think we can do ganapathi homam and navagraha homam.

Regarding her b'day it falls on April 20th & actual plan was to do here but we will be India at that time so plan changed.

Now I want to know

Is there any homam/puja that we can preform @ our new home to combine my in-laws 60th kalyanam & her ayush homam(sorry [​IMG]if I am [​IMG]ing u), also Can v do 2 aayush homam coz my parents r here & his parents r there(India) so just want to know.[​IMG]

Thanks in Advance for all ur response.

DSrini

Note: Shravanthika, Sorry I don't know the answer(s).:hide:

8. Jaldeep

Jaldeep New IL'ite

What is the significance of ekadasi and shasthi vratham and how do you observe them?

9. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Panguni Uthiram

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="center" width="25%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="100%">Celebrated In :Tamilnadu</td> </tr> <tr> <td background="reddot.gif" width="100%">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="100%">Significance :The marriage of Parvati and Parameshwara, Muruga and Devasena, and Andal and Rangamanna took place on this day.</td> </tr> <tr> <td background="reddot.gif" width="100%">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="100%">In the month of :March/April</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td background="reddot.gif" width="25%">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10" width="100%">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="100%"><small>The Panguni Uthiram festival falls in the month 'Panguni' (March-April). This month is special because of the star 'Uthiram' and 'Pournami' occurring together. Besides, it is on "Panguni Pournami Uthiram" that the marriage of Parvati and Parameshwara, Muruga and Devasena, and Andal (also known as 'Kothai') and Rangamannar (also splet as Rangamannar) took place.</small></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10" width="100%">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="100%"><small>Also, Valmiki's Ramayan (also spelt as Ramayana) says it is on this day and star that Sita's marriage with Rama was celebrated. From Brahmanda Purana one learns that on Panguni Uthiram every holy water joins Thumburu Teertha (also spelt as Tirtha), one of seven sacred tanks in Tirupati Tirumala. </small></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10" width="100%">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="100%"><small>Its Importance
    The ancients chose Uthiram to convey to humans that it is for underlining the glory of Grahasta Dharma (married life) that the Almighty manifests in the marital state as Uma Maheshwara, Sita Rama, and Radha Krishna - despite his changelessness, sans childhood or youth or old age. The Lord is indeed a "Nitya Kalyana Murti". It is our duty to celebrate this day when the Lord, in both Shiva and Vishnu temples, appears to devotees in his married state.
    </small></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10" width="100%">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="100%"><small>On Panguni Uthiram, in all places where Lord Subramanya has a temple, his devotees carry in a Kavadi the requisites of puja for him, in fulfilment of vows. Such vow fulfilment by devotees carrying Kavadis is a special feature of Subrahmanya temples wherever they happen to be. </small></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10" width="100%">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="100%"><small>Devotees flock in hundreds to the Perur temple near Coimbatore during the Panguni Uthiram festival, which is celebrated in March every year.</small></td></tr></tbody></table>

10. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

Re: Panguni Uthiram

wow nandhu thanks for the info, i really never knew abt this. so do you know the date on which "panguni uthiram" falls this year?