1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Convertor for indian wet grinder in us

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by dblakshmi, Jan 7, 2010.

1. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

I live in US. I brought a wet grinder (220v) from India which i was using there. I hd very less time to purchase convertors in India. my friends told me that we get convertors here in US. I bought one 110-220 /220-110 transformer online. the plug of the grinder does not fit in the output of the transformer, i am not able to use the grinder. if i buy an adaptor to fit in this grinder's plug, will it work?

has anyone done this?

regards

Lakshmi

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010

2. muva

muva New IL'ite

Hi ILs,
    me too have the same question,I have kettle,wet grinder,electric cooker all with 230 v.We are in a plan to move to US and I dont want to purchase new ones and would like to take these since all are new one,but I don't know how to use these in US.Let me use single converter for everything? Where can I get in Bangaloe?

I need one more clarification that how did u people took these mixie,grinders etc like big things in flight?

Since am going to travel first time in plane am getting these doubts,can anybody clarify these?:help

:cheers
    MuVa

3. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

Hi Muva,

We checked in our grinder as one baggage. i am sure you get transformers in India to use Indian appliances in US.You can chk that n any appliances or electrical shops. I didn't have time to buy that. so i bought universal transformer 110-220 vice versa here and to that an adaptor also. it solved the problem. i am able to use the grinder.
    But i assume there is a limitation of one baggage/ head in few airlines. you can chk that also and proceed.
    I hope this clarifies.
    regards
    Lakshmi:)

4. Summi2012

Summi2012 New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

I'm planning to get a wet grinder from India (NOT converted to 110V). Which 110V to 220V transformer do you suggest for getting my appliance to work in the US?

Thank you for your advice.

Summi

5. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

Hello Summi,
    You can chk at the electrical shops locally for the converters. It has been quite a long time I bought this converter.