1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Push presents- What is your opinion on this one?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sdiva20, Nov 14, 2012.

1. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

I did not get one. Maybe men are not aware..

2. Applemoon

Applemoon Silver IL'ite

I got one when my elder one was born... Second one I am still waiting even after 5 months...

I didnt know of this practice... DH wanted to buy something for me..and I thought how sweet of him.. I did ask him this time after my delivery about my gift.. he said its still pending..

There should not be any partiality...right!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Maybe about time we educate them :)

And ladies- there is no statute of limitation.......I hope the husbands dont get me banned:rotfl

4. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

learned a new term!

1 person likes this.
  5. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

I love presents. Period! So when my husband decided to gift me a new iPad 3 when I delivered our son in August, I found no reason to decline :) (although, I kinda get the feeling he was gifting himself too!) I have to agree that the birth of our son was an absolute gift in itself and I was pleasantly surprised when my husband insisted that he wants to gift something to this 'amazing woman' who made him a dad. (guess being in the labor room helped! ;-) )

While push presents may appear to be a new concept in India, I think it is just a new name for gifting something nice to the wife who sees her whole life flash through her as she gives birth. I know a few men who have made this gesture to their wives (ranging from diamond necklaces to a sari) and I think it is really sweet.

Oh, I have to mention the fact that my husband is not a "gift-giver" by nature. Like most men, he believes that if I want something i should just ask! So, the push present really moved me because it made me realize how much the birthing experience meant to him.

2 people like this.
  6. apaasn

apaasn Gold IL'ite

Ohh I got one!! My husband bought nice lingerie (not sexy but I would say classy,expensive) right after I gave birth and I had a long labor,hadnt slept for 4 straight days,was exhausted.He gave to me very happily but all I did was take it and dump it someplace.All I wanted to wear was sweatpants,pyjamas or even nighties.So I never actually used them.At that time I thought why did he give me this,he is so selfish but now I understand he wanted me to feel good about myself after delivery.He took me out for expensive lunch after a month taking time from work.That was sweet of hime,but I remember I had wished I got something better from him :)

1 person likes this.
  7. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I repeat: No statute of limitation on this.....get on it :)

8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I agree- in India I really cannot imagine anyone even imagining the term push presents (tacky!!!)- but it is not a new concept. If not husband, then IL or parents gifts the mother to commorate birth.

Especially for many men who may not know how to adequately demontrate their feelings, gifts are what they know best :)

1 person likes this.
  9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Your husband is thoughful. You are lucky!!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Lovely as long as it is NOT seen as an yardstick to measure the love.
    Peace finds it's way out when nice to haves are mistaken for must haves.

5 people like this.