1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Marry my Fiancee - Please Advise

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Karanverma, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OP, How old are you? Any ticking clock?

Using real name on internet forum to discuss such issue... no no!!! tsk Buri aadat hai, badal dalo.

is a bad habit, change it

4 people like this.
  2. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

What ever you have told her to restrict is not wrong entirely,but for a person like her who values independence,it will not go well..And i would just say that her attitude may not really help her in life because wherever you go,men will be men at some point..I DONT MEAN OFFENSE TO MEN,BUT STATING THE FACT.Anyway you dont have to get trapped in a mess with her.Whatever she has to learn she will learn in due course of life,and you cannot really teach her by imposing restrictions.you just stay out of it.

From what you have written,it is evident that both of you are not compatible.While it is fine that both of you might have individual interests and preferences,it is definitely bad on her part to put you down.And i think its best you both part ways because that will spare some respect for both of you.

I think the issues that you have written here will definitely go up in future and will never subside,because you as a husband will want to put your views,and she feeling prisoned for life will want to break the rules that you have put.

I have been in this,I know it is very difficult for you to break up.Yet i think you both deserve the respect and independence to live the way you want.Think about this,in a practical way and keep the emotions aside.Emotions dont always help you as the way logic does.All the best!

3 people like this.
  3. bujji_1522

bujji_1522 Silver IL'ite

Now that you have put everything on paper, you will have a better clarity now on what your mind wants and what your heart says. Have an open talk with her asap and know her expectation out of this marriage. I see many red flags here...come on...you want to marry a girl who says you are unmanly....wakeup buddy...get things right...

2 people like this.
  4. RJMK

RJMK Silver IL'ite

NO...donot marry her..u 2 are fine as frens not as life partners...it will be a mess

2 people like this.
  5. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

opposites may attract but cannot sustain. i should know.

your significant other needs to be someone who you can be yourself with. who accepts you warts and all. friction is a part of every marriage. there is always room for improvement. but there has to be respect, connection, comfort and a deep bond.

ask yourself if you have these in your relationship. the answer should guide you.

2 people like this.
  6. sowmyaram

sowmyaram Senior IL'ite

Dump her bro..... She is taking advantage of you.... And taking you for granted..... In a relationship no one can take anyone for granted..... If taken relationship won't last.... And if you go ahead you can't be happy.... She its anyway not listening to you now.... And how will you trust her that later she will be in accordance..... Please find a suitable girl , marry her...Make her happy and feel happy for that.... All the best......

3 people like this.
  7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i wud certainly feel choked if the guy i was seeing was very possesive and controlling. i certainly need my space. then again, im speaking for myself only. there are a few others who find it cute if the guy is possesive. to each, his own.

1 person likes this.
  8. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Ten years and one girl, and even that too with issues. No time to waste anymore, KaranVerma.

2 people like this.
  9. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Karan,
    I feel bad for you and when I see a relation is on the verge of breaking I feel sad and always think let it work out let everything go in a positive way. But you know in reality many times its difficult to make patch on a break. Its been too long you are involved and you took it too long. Ten years is long period. In such long relation things move fast and unknowingly you move in opposite direction and just go away. From your post I could see one possibility that is to part your ways because you sound very dull and sad in your write up. I could see with all those negetive points you say you still love her when you love her so much then why so much of confusion. Now time to think and act and sooner the better. I bet it will be good for you down the lane when you look back you would say oh that decision at that time I took was quite.

10. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

No No. No. No. No.

You both are not compatible. You will end up driving one another crazy.

2 people like this.