1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

anybody with a marine engineer husband???????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chimni, Feb 14, 2008.

1. chimni

chimni New IL'ite

hey friends
    i got married to an marine engineer in 2006.he is really very loving and ven he is vth me he pampers me alot.i dont ve to think anything else ven v r together.but ven he is out for sailing loniness is very hard to deal with.bonk...i stay with my in laws ven he issailing...they are really good but its very difficult to deal with few issues without him here...
    so jsut looking for the support online...and this all is very new to me so may be some body will help me with her expirience..
    so ve nice day...
    and looking forward to your response
    take care:wave

2. himani

himani New IL'ite

hello dear chimni,
    i am too belong to the same group. its been 8 years of our marriage. my husband is on deck side. when i married him i too was alone there. i fully understand your situation. it is very lonely. and in starting you too have some problem of adjustment with your inlaws.and it will always be there as that is generation difference and different type of atmosphere u come from. well first of all life at ship is quiet tough. have u been to ship? can your husband take u. i mean every company have different policies for family. i went with my husband once. it is very tough. u know from here it looks good but there you have to work a lot with no one to talk. your husband must be getting crazy seeing your photographs. keep writing letters to him and send him cards as this is honeymoon time for both of you. once u have kids no time for this. u can write to me about your problem and we could just talk. try indulging in some hobbies like i used to read story book. just do something. this is the time to do something for your upgradation, once kids arrive it is so busy. will write to u again.
    himani

3 people like this.
  3. saraswathilives

saraswathilives Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I know this is a very late reply ... but I came across this post today only .... Im also married to a marine engineer ...

The thing is Im working full time .... I've my own friends circle ... I go for some trips with my cousins also .... no kids yet ... life is moving on ... me and my MIL stay together ... we can be friends here ... :):thumbsup

Regards,
    Saraswathi

2 people like this.
  4. schitradevi

schitradevi New IL'ite

hi saraswathi....I am so glad to see your reply since I am also married to a marine engineer and I work fulltime....so I am fully occupied irrespective of his stay or alone....but what I feel is that I am not spending ample time with my husband when he is back from ship...I am more occupied the whole day and hence I feel that I am not contributing my 100% time during his vacation....Do you think that we have to look for options to balance the work and life esp during husband's stay at home??? This makes me to think to quit my job but I am little scary too since I will go crazy during his absence....so my situation is like cat on the wall:(...so just wondering how marine enggr wives(who work fulltime) manages the life and work....

Thanks,
    Chitra.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  5. savitharavi

savitharavi New IL'ite

my boy friend is a mariner, we gotta marry in few years.. is really a tough task to send them to ship after marriage?? no other way?? pls reply me:-(

6. DivyaSrisankar

DivyaSrisankar New IL'ite

I am also a marine engineer's wife, a mother of 5 year old daughter. I am new to this forum. I thought I write out my life as a marine engineer's wife to let go of the loneliness which I feel at times. In 2007 , I got married to a marine engineer. I had resigned my job as a software engineer due to relocation. Initially when he went for first time after marriage, I was pregnant. It was very difficult for me to cope with loneliness. Then after my daughter came, I kept myself busy with her. But then during the days when he went to ship, I started feeling that I should restart my career again. After my daughter turned 2 and a half, I started working in a software company. Last November I resigned my job since I wanted to change my residence. Hence I got a chance to go to his ship with my husband and my daughter. It was a wonderful experience in my life time. I was able to know how the life of a marine engineer is at sea. I came back in December 2012. Now I plan to take up work at home software projects to cut my loneliness. I would like to know whether there are any full time working mothers who are marine engineers' wives. I want to know how they manage home and work when husbands are at home. I would like to say also that each marine engineer's wife should try to join aboard with him to know how much her husband is working hard to keep his family happy.

3 people like this.
  7. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Hmm...

This thread was started in 2008 and now again its active after 4 years... 3 of the members who replied have just 1 post and their post being the reply to this thread...

8. sharucktp

sharucktp New IL'ite

hi all,

i too got married to a mariner...its been 4 years we got got married..i thought i,m the only one who faced all these probs as a mariner's wife...bust after seeing ur posts i came to know everybody of us are facing the same prob...y cant we start a new group for mariners wives and discuss our things there...one can be helpful to other thru such groups right...i'm new to this IL community.so it will be helpful if anybody suggests how to start a new group and how to add new members in it...

regards...sharu

9. riyabanik

riyabanik New IL'ite

M also in the same boat..facingbthe same prob...m just newly married...husband left after 2 months after our marriage...feel like shedding tears all the day..my huwband is very loving and caring. But without him my days r hard to spend.i miss him a lot n can't find any otherway..I can't even engage myself in anything els as I dont find mental peace..m hubby is als not happy there onboard...4 more months for him to return..I feel my life to be out of control...just can't understand what to do and how to manage this 6 months seperation every year throughout the life..

10. darshiniaravind

darshiniaravind New IL'ite

Oh my so many ladies out there suffering like me??? And I thought I was d only one! What to say....life is such a burden these six months without him n I very badly need support from bold ladies like u! Pls start a grp for this and send me the link.....I wud love to share those un opened bundles of sorrows here with u all
    Thanks