May 2013 Moms-to-be :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Sanguineme, Aug 28, 2012.

1. swethareddy86

swethareddy86 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I had my NT scan & everything is normal, my cyst has been reduced by 3/4th in size & my clot (SCH) has vanished :) My hubby saw our LO for 1st time on our anniversary & he was so thrilled & happy, guesss that was one of the best gift i could ever give him. LO was active & the radiologist had a tough time with measurements. i got 2 cute lil pictures of my LO all captured side ways.

I was given my 1st round of tetanus injection, injections are such a pain :( I have started on Iron & calcium tablets, not taking Duphaston anymore. Doctor has strictly advised me to sleep on my sides preferrably on my left side..

Has anyone started using cream/lotions etc for stretch marks?? I am using cocoa butter , not sure if it helps in reducing stretch marks but its keeping my skin supple & healthy for sure.

Hi to other Mom's:hiya Hope all of you are doing good. Take care gals

2 people like this.
  2. angarika

angarika Senior IL'ite

Hi Sweta
    Good to hear all went well at the NT scan ....
    at the moment not much happening here ... had my NT scan 2 weeks ago and the down syndrome results came back end last week as "low risk - 1 in 35.000" ... such a relief ... just like your LO, ours was very active too during the scan ... which made hubby a little nervous and he is telling me to to take it easy and rest a lot, so our LO will be calm as well :)
    I do have problems sleeping properly at night ... wake up around 2am for an hour and cannot find the right way to fall alseep again ... like to sleep on my belly, but try to avoid ... anybody knows if it hurts the LO if I sleep a lot on my belly?
    regaing stretch marks ... I have none, so just keeping my skin moisturized at the moment ... hurt that olive oil is good, but then read that keeping your skin hydrated is probably the best and only thing you can do ...
    when are you due?

Stay healthy
    Sigrid

1 person likes this.
  3. gayushiru

gayushiru Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Good to read about all your scan experiences.
    I had my 1-hr glucose tolerance test last week and I passed. It is really a big relief to do do each test and hear that the results are normal. My tiredness seems to be reducing (yay!) and appetite is more. Don't have any bitterness in mouth. But I have read that it could be due to increase in saliva. Maybe you could try rinsing with mouthwash a few of times a day? None of my old pants/jeans fit anymore.. I am trying to manage with maternity leggings and elastic waist pants for work. I am not using anything special for stretch marks.. just the usual moisturizer that i have been using for winter care.

Anybody have any special plans for Diwali?

1 person likes this.
  4. Sugandha20

Sugandha20 New IL'ite

Hi Shwetha,
    Glad to know your NT scan went well and rest of the worries are solved to a great extent.:thumbsup I have my NT scan this saturday.

Looks like most of you gals are feeling better now with less nausea etc, and I am an exception:rotflAnyway I have 2 more weeks of first trimester to go and I hope things will improve then..
    I am not showing much yet i.e the tummy part, but have outgrown almost all my clothes..:hide:
    I am not applying any creams..anyone has any suggestions what to apply?

Cheers,
    Sugandha

1 person likes this.
  5. Sanguineme

Sanguineme Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Everyone here is pretty much in the same phase I guess. I too had taken up the Glucose tolerance test. Given a Tetanus injections ( I hate injections!!!) Started on Iron and Calcium tablets. The calcium tablet is so big.

I have a question. All my friends are asking me to sleep turning to the left. But am not getting sleep if I do that way. Further am not able to be in that postion for long. Is it so strict?

6. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Hi everybody,
    Nice to see so much activity:) Good to hear that most of you are doing better now..

I had me 12 week visit yesterday and heard lo's heartbeat :) What a relief!!!

I was feeling better last week but Im back to having nausea now :(. I've lost 4lbs since my last visit. Im soo tired of vomiting :(.. Hoping it will end in 2 more weeks.

How come you girls are having the glucose tolerence test so early? Don't they usually do it after week 24? Just curious..

I'm using palmers lotion with cocoa butter. I'm not sure its going to help much in avoiding stretch marks. I still have stretch marks from my first pregnancy..But its always good to keep ourselves well moisturized.

Sleeping on your left side is best for baby but you can change sides. Sleeping on your tummy may be ok now but as LO grows, you may squish him/her.. I so badly want to sleep on my back.

Have you tried keeping a pillow between your legs, touching your knees and ankles? It really makes my feel more comfortable. Even a body pillow helps.

7. sona0203

sona0203 New IL'ite

Hello evryone,

Gud to see that all the expecting mommies r doing gud. I went to my Gyne yesterday. She said evrything is fine.

Shwetha, even I hv been prescribed iron,calcium n multivitamins by my Gyne. She has stopped fol g1 n duphaston. Bt dint ask me to get any test done as of now.

Frndz, anyone of facing bad backache n leg cramps??? Since last few days I m having vry severe backache n leg cramps. When I consulted this wid my doc, she said these are normal things which happen in pregnency. This is because of high blood circulation in lower part of r body. So she dint recommend any mdcn for dat. Plz suggest sum homemade remedies.

God bless u all :)

8. sona0203

sona0203 New IL'ite

Hello evryone,

Gud to see that all the expecting mommies r doing gud. I went to my Gyne yesterday. She said evrything is fine.

Shwetha, even I hv been prescribed iron,calcium n multivitamins by my Gyne. She has stopped fol g1 n duphaston. Bt dint ask me to get any test done as of now.

Frndz, anyone of facing bad backache n leg cramps??? Since last few days I m having vry severe backache n leg cramps. When I consulted this wid my doc, she said these are normal things which happen in pregnency. This is because of high blood circulation in lower part of r body. So she dint recommend any mdcn for dat. Plz suggest sum homemade remedies.

God bless u all :)

9. gayushiru

gayushiru Silver IL'ite

Hi ranjoose,

In my clinic, they do the glucose test once at 12 weeks and then repeat it at 24 weeks. Don't know why they do it twice. The sugar water which they make you drink was making me really nauseous and was difficult to hold in for 1 hour.. anyway, i am glad its done and i don't have to worry about diabetes for the next few weeks.
    Hope your morning sickness gets better soon.

10. gayushiru

gayushiru Silver IL'ite

Hi sona,

I don't have backache, but have occasional leg cramps during the night. For me, they seem to occur on days when I have been less active. So I think some form of exercise helps - even regular walking improves blood flow to your legs. If you are past the 1st trimester and if your dr has approved, you can try doing some prenatal exercises.
    Take care..