May 2013 Moms-to-be :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Sanguineme, Aug 28, 2012.

1. gayushiru

gayushiru Silver IL'ite

Hi angarika,
    At this point, all of us 'ducklings' are in the same boat, trying to have a healthy pregnancy journey. Indian/non-Indian does not make any difference. Glad to have you join us. When are you due?

1 person likes this.
  2. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Swetha, Sugandha and Chitra,
    Thanks a lot!! He had a great time cutting and eating cakes :)..

Hope all of you are better now from colds and fever.. Any illness during pregnancy lingers longer than usual..I really don,t know why it happens.

As for my nausea, I'm magically feeling better since the past few days. No vomiting at all. I also feel hungry. Do any of you experience a bad/bitter taste in your mouth, whatever you eat? Its very annoying..

Maybe this is very early, but I did feel something like a slight movement a few times now in the last 3 days. Im absolutely sure its not gas. And I've already started showing. People asked me if i'm pregnant at my son's birthday party.. :) Maybe that is because its my second. I dint show until around 20 weeks with my first.

Now, about mothers' horlicks- no harm in mixing some in milk. But I heard that It has a lot of sugar. If you are at a risk ok Gestational Diabetes, then better avoiding it and going for plain milk. Hope all of you have cut down on tea and coffee..

Any craving anyone? I seem to tolerate sweet food better than others..

3. sona0203

sona0203 New IL'ite

Dear Gayushiru...

I suppose this happens in pregnency... I am big foodie.... But dese days I don't feel lyk eating be it my fav food. Well forcefully I tk museli... Wht u hv suggested sounds gud.. will try for sure. Hope u doing gud. Do tell me abt ur medical checkups n stuff.

Dear Ranjoose....

I crave for only sweets.... Anything which is sweet.. be it pastries, sweets,chocolets(Bt I avoid them). I too feel bitterness in mouth Bt I thought it was due to fever... So to change the taste I lick lemon vd kala namak. For mothers horlicks I ll get it checked vd my Gyne. Do tk cr all mums to be. God bless u all.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We don't call only " indian ladies". We welcome any good souls! Don't bother about where you are from!
    Take care.
    I agree this one! ;-)

5. angarika

angarika Senior IL'ite

Hi Gayushiru,

thanks for the warm welcome! I'm due 1 May 2013, so might be the first one of all of us on paper :) ... during my first scan I was 12weeks 5days and the baby kicked a lot .... so if this continues it might kick its way out earlier too :) ... or maybe it will relax and stay a bit longer ... who knows ... When are you due? Wish you a healthy pregnancy!

6. angarika

angarika Senior IL'ite

thank you guys! Feel at home in the may 2013 due day club :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Sanguineme

Sanguineme Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Happy to see lot of active mummies here :)

I am now 14 weeks pregnant. I have a strange problem. I always have a bitter taste in tongue. No matter what I eat. Eating something sour helps sometimes but not always.

Otherwise my LO is doing fine. I had a NT scan done 10 days back n all is fine. Was so excited to hear the LO heartbeat by doppler.

8. sonalrohankayan

sonalrohankayan New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Anyone gone through Double marking test , my doctor has advised me , on the same day they are going to do NT scan and blood test.

-Sonal

9. swethareddy86

swethareddy86 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ranjoose,

Glad to know ur son had a good time on his birthday & ur MS has disappeared:cheers
    Yeah am fine now no fever no cold, except for my Back ache, which is troubling me a lot during night.

Even i have begun to show :) & most of my clothes are already not fitting me. Surprisingly have lost 2 kilos:hide:
    Even i have this bitter taste in my mouth, due to which i dont feel like eating anything. I dont have any cravings , i just dont feel like eating at all..

Take care & keep us updated

10. swethareddy86

swethareddy86 Silver IL'ite

Hi Angarika,

Welcome to our club :hiya have a healthy & happy 9 months, take care. Keep us posted with your updates:)

Hi Sanguine,

Good to see your post after a long time. Yeah listening to the heart beat & seeing our LO is so exciting:) Bitterness is common at this stage of pregnancy i believe, i have observed most of them have complained regarding this in our club. Not sure what is the remedy for this :bonk Take care & keep visiting IL often

Hi Sona,

Hope you are doing good:)
    Marker test is optional dear, If you are at a low risk category for down's syndrome in NT scan marker test is not required, but if your doctor has advised you to take that test along with NT scan, go for it..
    Regarding Mother's horlicks my doctor told its best to avoid these kinda drinks, as they contain sugar & regular intake of prenatals is sufficeint. Gayathri & Ranjoose have already mentioned about this in the previous posts..
    Take care & all the best for your NT scan, do update us after your scan:thumbsup