1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diwali Ads

Discussion in 'TV' started by jyoti, Oct 11, 2005.

1. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

Hello All,

I already find Diwali season has picked up with the clothes merchants - lots of colorful ads. Interesting introduction of variety of designs by various stores like RMKV, Pothys, etc.

I thought of starting this thread where we can start sharing our opinions about the different ads? How good they are, how attractive, how different, etc.

Common share your opinions...ladies...look forward to hear from you all :wave

2. manju_j

manju_j New IL'ite

RMKV's silk saree ad - interesting!

Jyoti,

First of all, you seem to have started an interesting discussion thread for the season!

I like RMKV's silk saree ad - sarees with kolams. The sarees too look very colorful and it's a nice idea to bring back traditions in the saree we wear. Somehow I feel RMKV's ads are a class - they introduced 50,000 color sarees, then sarees in each of those 50,000 colors and now sarees with kolams.

I am thinking of asking my people to check out how much those kolam sarees cost. I miss Diwali Shopping here! :-(

3. tina

tina New IL'ite

how abt latest trend for chudhidhars!

Me too saw those silk saree ADs.. but no idea abt what's hot with chudhidhars..
    probably,sometime later SUN TV will telecast a special report on that.. u know there is one " Serapu parvai" segment in the weekends.. that's the only way to find out..
    any friends in out there in our home country could share some info reg the latest fashions outset for Diwali...

- tina

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

A few days back, saw these info., in the newspaper dinamani. Unfortunately, could not find that page again;anyways, will try to provide you with what I read from the same.

The owner of Naidu hall has informed that in churdihars, COTTON CRUSH is a type with black prints, long sleeves is the latest fashion. Just like how we wear tops with flower designed embroidery, it is coming to the pants too. Keeping collar is also one latest trend in the materials like cotton black print, organdy cotton, saathya & organza. And, about dhupatta will be with tissue borders.

From saravana stores, Dennis churdihar is a new introduction. The specialty is the top will be very lengthy n bottom is optional!! Range from 250/- upto 1500/-. Also, ketharis bottom, dennim chur(top & bottom) are also today's latest move. Similarly, short type churis are also quite popular.

I just translated from what I remembered in a tamil newspaper. So, dont bother abt the brand name errors.

5. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Special ads for Diwali!

Hi Tina,

You are right about SUN TV's sirapu parvai. I too await for the same...can get to see the latest trends in clothing for Diwali sitting this far! I miss shopping in Pondy Bazaar & Ranganathan street among those crowds :-(

Ami,

Thanks for the info. on the churis. Short churis have been in fashion for quiet sometime I guess. I had seen that in the movie 12B for the first time won by Jyothika and it got introduced as 12B churis.

Hey, I am not sure if you gals had seen RMKVs ads for pattu pavadais. They call it snow-white pattupavadais. I thought it would be snow-white in color, but they are pattu pavadais with jari consisting of snowman, I think!
    You know, whenever I see this ad I get back to my younger days, where I used to be so fond of pattu pavadai and my whole concentration the diwali day would be in taking care of bursting crackers without spoiling my pattu pavadai. Won't those days come back???

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Even, I too watched the snow man pavadai and it is not very attractive!! Let me know if there is any latest model of pattu pavadais or any other fashions for toddlers; also, where can I find good collection for boys? Last time, went to Nalli & kumaran for my son to get our traditional dresses, but the colors were so dull.

Rgds.

7. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ami

You can try in Nalli100 and Chennai Silks. WE went to Chennai two months back and bought Kurtha payjama and few dresses for our kid who is two years old.
    They have nice collection of dresses and even the price is also reasonable.

Regards
    priya

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks, Priya. Can u tell me what color of pyjamas/kurtas you found becoz, last year, when I was shopping at Chennai silks, Nalli & Kumaran, they had all these standard light colors. Since had no option, took them; but, recently, saw many of my friends bought kurthas for their sons in different colors and felt very bad for my son. Of course, they are from Hyderabad.
    I did not mind abt the price, even then, they had only brown, double shaded colors, cream..Anyways, let me know abt colors so that will try atleast by next year.

Rgds.

9. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ami

I bought Kurta payjama from Nalli100. I saw different colours there and we bought blue colour kurta and cream payjam for our kid. They also had white kurta and white payjama with some embrodiery work, it was also very nice. The price ranges from 150-500. Please check for the correct size while buying. If you have any other doubts, please feel free to write to me.

Regards
    priya

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Many thanks for replying immediately, Priya. You did give some confidence in our Chennai shopping places!! Will try for sure. BTW, what is the material of the cloth?

I bought one from Sundari silks too, near Viveks (orange top with white bottom), but it got shrunk on the first washing itself.

And, Priya, any idea about for girls(toddlers). Heard that snowwhite pavadai is the latest move in the market. Any more info., do u have? Sorry to pester you continuously.

Thank you so much for the info., and it is indeed helpful.