1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with an adamant child !?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by outofthebox, Aug 7, 2012.

1. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Please make sure she isn't getting exposed to an environment where people talk in loud voices and scold .. Find out if something is happening in front of her when you are not around. Maybe she is getting influenced. Somebody must have influenced her..
    As for handling, I used to get hit and shouted at, and that only aggravated the rebel in me.
    I used to think that the whole world is against me getting what I wanted, and this had a deep impact.
    Now, I am a totally different person, I promise! People who remember me throwing tantrums as a kids wont believe me I have changed this much.:):)

2. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Hi vjbunny,

I will post them before this weekend.

-Kiran

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kiran
    Will look forward to it..

4. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

I have a 4 year old DS and i too facing a similar situtation now for which i am unable to find a solution. Actually i delivered my dd 3 months back and i know from that time his total behaviour has changed. He is basically not an adamant natured, shares everything with his peers, listens to me and he cries only when he feels sleepy or hungry and sometimes shows tantrums for buying toys. But now things are completely changed. He cries for each and everything. I know that it is becos of insecured feeling but still i am puzzled a lot.

He is not at all listening us and cries for the whole day for some reason. This makes both of us irritated and say some words and even i fear whether i will hate him or what. When i feed her especially he hates and says me to stop it. If i ask him not to do that he purposely do it with an intention of irritating me. I ends up in beating or shouting him ridiculously and i feel for that later. Yes after reading shanvy mam's post i realised that i stopped hugging him which i used to do earlier. I think that is the main thing he misses from me. I yet to start him house hold chores and other extra curricular activites. I will try to do that from today but please ladies pour in your valuable suggestions for making me to come out of this phase. It is really becoming a tough time for me and takes off my sleep. I write this to you in the mid night after getting upset of his behaviours and irritability.

5. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

nice.........

6. HealthyMummy

HealthyMummy New IL'ite

Hi, my humble input

When I was pregnant with my second child, my son, my daughter was 5. My colleagues told me to avoid elder child from being jealous we need to give the elder child a present from the new baby.

We tell the elder child that this present is from your small sister, she loves you very much and hope that you will love her and take care of her. Then the elder child will feel happy.

Also, you need to spend one day of the week alone with the child. If you can leave the new baby with mom or in-law then take the 4 year old out by yourself. To the park, library or even for a meal. So, the child knows that he is important and slowly he will feel adjusted. Remember he used to have your 100% attention so now he is confused and angry with baby.

Hope this help
    Time will heal ...

1 person likes this.