1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Delivery at husbands place or parents house

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nicegirlradhi, Oct 19, 2012.

1. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Does her husband have any problem with her mom coming over? If not then ask her to call her mom for delivery. I agree with everyone here:no matter how good your relationship is with your MIL, they can never take place of mom. My MIL came over during my delivery and it was not pleasant experience.

1 person likes this.
  2. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks steve for your message, but i know my friend well, she is not the kind who will sulk her husband for life time over this issue. She is capable of handling her life well. The only thing is, she is finding a bit hard to make all the ends meet

3. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

I agree with you crazymom. Let me put these words to her

4. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Radhi

This is something a friend of mine and a cousin of mine did.. They rented an apartment for a short period. The girl's parents came there to stay with her. Once the delivery was over, they left for their native place taking the mother and child with them. It is not always a good idea to have the parents of the girl and the boy in the same place.

Mythili

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I personally can't even imagine a delivery like time at my in laws place. God... But, here we never live in joint families, that too with husband's people.

Better idea would have been renting a home, and start family planning. So, that you will be left alone to do what you want. It is purely upto you to invite mom or in law depend on your comforts.

In your friend's case, she is already living with in laws. Don't know how she gels with them now? If thinks are good between in laws and your friend, then she can invite her mom during delivery and after that, she can go and stay with mom for a couple of months.

You really need help after the baby is born....As the first few months are really tough for a new mom.

This way, she doesnt have to hurt her husband, and also demand him for a vacation at her mom's place post delivery.

6. rmynair

rmynair Bronze IL'ite

Dont get me wrong here.An MIL can only b an MIL statement is not so right with everyone.For my delivery it was my MIL came n stayed with me took care of me exactly like my mom wud do.i am ever thankful to her on this even if we fight in future!.so the point is if she has a cruel MIL she shudnt be staying with them during pregnancy,but i dont think that u have mentioned so?so what is wrong staying back with husband n MIL.Ask her to stay calm n relax.if she is not having any health issues at the moment why worry about all these?she has a loving husband with her.its his right n responsibility to have her with him during her tough times

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

"Going to mom's house for delivery" is as archaic as "going to husband's mom's house after the wedding."

8. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

Parents not in lawssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its so uncomfortable to feed in front of dad in law, so uncomfortable to walk with stitches wear dresses without bra, wear zipped nighties, dispose pads, demand pampering from mum in law etc. We don't need to ask our parents, they will do on time without hesitation and being asked.