1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pls help : advice needed for 15 days new born

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Rachna, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Dear ladies

i need some advices on following for my LO :

1)i had normal delivery 15 days back. my hip bone is paining badly after delivery. is it normal after delivery ? i dont feel it while standing or sleeping, but sitting is very painful.

2)my doctor has adviced me to have ajwain water which will help lactation and will help me from any gas or indigestion. pls tell me how many teaspoonful ajwain should be added to 1 litre of water? i boil ajwain with water and have it when it is lukewarm

3)i have hired a professional massage lady for my body massage who is massaging on my tummy as well.is it fine to have massage on tummy (mine normal delivery 15 days back) ?

4)my doctor has adviced me to have methi water which will help lactation. pls tell me how many teaspoonful methi seeds(fenugreek) should be added to 1 litre of water?i soak methi seeds in hot or boiling water overnight and have that water in the morning.is it fine way to have it?

5)somebody has adviced to have vegetable soup daily.can anyone pls tell me the recipe how to prepare different veg. soups at home?

6)is lying position fine for breastfeeding? i heard somewhere that it may lead to lung infection . is it true? how are u all feeding ur baby?

1 person likes this.

2. vidyavisu

vidyavisu Silver IL'ite

Hi
    First Of all , Congratulations!
    1 teaspoonful of ajwain is fine. let the water boil well and then u keep drinking ajwain water often. It's really very good for digestion .
    I don't know about methi water, but i took methi subji , lauki ki sabzi, ajwain + bajra halwa, gaunde ke laddu , sabudhana (javvarisi payasam) kheer with lot of dry fruits ( as i din like to drink plain milk often ),etc for lactation. I am a south Indian Earlier i thought garlic is the only source for lactation during my first delivery. But I realised the above items help a lot. So i have written all these through my experience.
    No Please don't feed your baby in lying position which will lead to ear infection in babies. it' s not a good posture at all. even if u feel un comfortable, feed her in your sitting posture.
    after all we're going to feed the baby only for 1 to 2 years. Sorry for not answering your other questions as i don know about them.
    Happy motherhood.
    Regards
    Vidyavisu

3. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

You can even eat Ajwain (roasted) and even that helps in releving gas and tummy pains etc. I never drank Ajwain water and always chewed it.

For normal delivery it is fine to massage tummy. I had a C-section and never had my tummy massaged. But check with your gynaec.

I also did not eat methi seeds. Had Methi sabzi, lauki ki sabzi etc.

Vegetable soup is ok..but you will get more fibre etc by consuming salads, vegetables sabzi etc.

BTW if you are breastfeeding, it is OK to lie down and feed your baby. It will NOT result in ear infection.
    Please check this link:
    http://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/ear-infection-nursing/

I also consulted with my lactation consultant, and she also indicated that there is no problem lying down and feeding. I feed my baby lying down when he wakes up in the night. Since it is essential for us to get our rest. However, I avoided doing this when DS was a newborn since I was scared that I might doze off while feeding.

4. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Hii Rachna,

Congrats..i also lie down and feed my 16month old,but not from when he was born,i started to feed him in that position only after he completed 1 year..

Methi Seeds are really good..you can have a spoon of methi seeds soaked n a cup of water every morning and night.i still eat them and will contonue untill i stop breastfeeding..Happy motherhood.