1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lost 10 Kgs in 3 to 4 months

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Sanmithra, Oct 10, 2012.

1. saiblessings

saiblessings Bronze IL'ite

congrats sanmitra
    for loosong 10kgs
    wow................i am motivated by ur message
    my target is to reduce 15 kg in 4 1/2 months
    i will try to
    1. reduce carbohydrate intake
    2. eat less at regular intervals
    3. use less oil in cooking
    4. drink lot of water
    5. have fruits and veggis regularly
    6. walk for atleast 1/2 an hour
    7. do pranayama in the morning
    8. yoga for tummy

2. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi kkmom, Good to hear that you reduced without exercise.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Saiblessing,
    I am happy that you have been motivated by my message. All the best to acheive your targets

4. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    Thought of sharing about my exercise routine.
    I usually do treadmill for 1/2 hour in the below speed level.
    2 mins of slow warm up walking at 4 speed.
    then walk in a speed of 5.8
    and every 5th min I run for 1 and 1/2 min in 8 speed and then again walk in 5.8 speed.
    I repeat the running in every 5th min.
    In the final 5th min i.e after 25 mins I run in 9 speed for 2 and 1/2 min and then do a cool down for 2 mins in 4 speed.
    If I don't find time to do 1/2 hour exercise I do it only for 20 mins and increase the intensity of my speed level so that I burn the same amount of calories that I burn while doing 1/2 hour.

5. Vani09

Vani09 Gold IL'ite

Congrats Sanmithra:)
    Am motivated by you. Tried your dhal recipe today, was yummy. Hope i stay motivated in this battle.

6. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

sanmithra
    can u explain simple carbohydrates and grains, i drink 4 ltrs water daily is it okay or am taking too much

Thanks
    anu

7. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vani09,
    Thanks. Happy to hear that you liked my recipe :)

8. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi anu1215,
    SIMPLE CARBOHYDRATE:
    Sugar - fruit, fruit juice, table sugar, honey, soft drinks, and other sweets
    COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATE:
    Starch - bread, cereal, potatoes, pasta, rice, and legumes (dried peas and beans)
    Fiber - bran, whole-grain foods, raw vegetables and fruit (especially the seeds and skins), legumes, nuts, seeds and popcorn

In Simple carbohyrdates, natural food like fruits are good for health as they are easily absorbed by the body and rich in vitamins and minerals, where as sweets and sugar just add empty calories to your diet.
    We need to reduce/avoid the intake of all the refined product such as Mytha flour, sugar, white bread even white rice.
    I mentioned grains as it is not a refined product, You can add grains such as whole wheat flour, jowar, ragi, oats etc to your diet.You can also add more of pulses to your diet.
    I prepare Jowar dosa, green gram dhall dosa, ragi idly etc which are good form of carbohydrates.

9. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi anu1215,
    Regarding your water in take, 4 ltrs is not required, If you drink too much of water your are giving too much of work to your kidney. The kidney will be processing the food that we eat and frequent water in take would interrupt the kidney to process the food. It is not advisable to drink water 1/2 hour before and after we eat. This helps in good digestion of food. We need to eat by chewing our food in both sides of mouth and make them as paste and then swallow it. 70% of digestion should happen in mouth and only 30% in stomach. By doing this all the viatmins and minerals in our food is absorbed by our body.
    Our body will know when it require water and it will signal us, but due to the busy lifestyle we may not sense the signal. In order to overcome this we need to drink water whenever we remember. I guess 2 to 2 1/2 ltrs should be fine. The need varies from person to person.
    A person staying in cold climate like Australia doesn't require even 1 lt of water due to the climatic condition, he will be already having enough water content in his body. But for a person staying in hot climate need more amount of water.
    Listen to your body :)

10. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Thought of sharing some grain recipes.

Jowar Dosa
    Idly rice - 2 cups
    Jowar - 1 cup
    Urad dhall - 1 cup

Soak rice and jowar to gether for 4 to 6 hrs. Soak Urad dhall for 1 hour. Grind Rice and Jowar to gether and Urad dhall seprately. Mix both with hands and allow to fermentate for 4 hours. Now you can make Dosa's out it and You can refirgrate this batter for 2 days.