Two days trip to Shimla

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by aashuabhi, Oct 18, 2012.

1. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

Me and my husband is planning for two days trip to shimla around nov 27-28th. Please let me know places must to visit and some good hotels which are reasonable as well :)

TIA.
    Aashu

2. svh14

svh14 Senior IL'ite

Hi
    2 days will be very less time. Basically there is nothing in shimla,but manali is best place. Hotel reception will guide you about must visit places. Ambassador hotel is good and food is very good.try to get package including food.

3. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks for reply svh14.

I cannot spare more than 2 days and thats why just planning for shimla and not for manali :(

4. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Shimla is indeed a lovely place to visit. The Himachal govt also makes special efforts to keep Shimla neat and clean.There are many things to see in Shimla.
    Day I, I suggest that you visit the Mall. It is the main shopping area of the city. It has many restaurants serving choice dishes - both veg and non veg. There are beautiful iron grills on the sides of the Mall. The two important spots are Scandal Point and the Ridge. Just above the Mall is the old Shimla Kali Bari or the Kali temple. You ned to climb a steep flight of stairs to reach the temple.
    Day 2- You can visit Mashobra. It is just 13km from Shimla. The area has many picnic spots. You can walk between oak and pinetrees. Nearest rest house is at Craigonnano which is about 3 km away. The place is famous for its natural beauty.

1 person likes this.
  5. Isabel66

Isabel66 Junior IL'ite

Hi Sushma
    Thanks for the info. What is the story behind Scandal Point?

6. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    One of the joy of visiting Shimla is the journey from Kalka to Shimla by the toy train. You can only marvel at the natural beauty that unfolds before your eyes.
    There are many places to visit near the Mall. You also have plenty of hotels near the Mall. When I last visited Shimla I simply took a long morning walk and took in deep breaths of the mountain air.

The Mall : You can visit the Christ Church which is just off the mall. It is the 2nd oldest church in North India. It is known for its majestic appearance and stained glass windows.
    Another must visit place is the Jakhu Hill which is at a height of 8000 feet. It offers a breath taking view of the town. It is famous for its Hanuman temple. There are plenty of monkeys too.

2 people like this.
  7. Ashapatel

Ashapatel Junior IL'ite

Hi Isabel
    The story behind Scandal Point is as follows:
    Shimla used to be the summer capital of the British. It is said that the Raja of Patiala kidnapped the Viceroy's daughter from Scandal Point. It is the highest point on the Mall Road.
    The story is part of the legends associated with Indian Hill stations.

1 person likes this.
  8. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks all for the response.

Is going to kufri for half day or a full day worth? As i know there wont be any snow during nov end.

9. Ashapatel

Ashapatel Junior IL'ite

Hi Aashuabhi
    The Mall is about 16 kms from Kufri. You can either stay at Kufri and visit Shimla from there. You can take a day trip and visit sites like Mall, Kali Temple, Christ church etc. You can also visit Shimla in one day and then move to Kufri the next day. Kufri has its own charm and scenic beauty.
    Best wishes for your journey.

10. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks Asha for reply.

I think we will stay in shimla and go to kufri for a day to enjoy its beauty :)