Arty Crafty Mums N Tots playgroup

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by MumOfJ, Nov 23, 2011.

1. MumOfJ

MumOfJ New IL'ite

Hello to all mums with toddlers,

I'am a stay at home mum(currently pursuing a Pre School Teacher Training course) with a 2.5 yr old boy, would anyone of you be interested in participating in a playgroup for toddlers with some fun art and craft activities? It would be nice social time for our kids n mums too! I can take the initiative of organizing these art and craft activities for a small fee like 20 dhs and we could meet once or twice a week at a convenient time and location lets say... zabeel park/creek park(with this lovely weather!). I have been checking for playgroups but most of them happen in the new parts of Dubai like JBR, Marina, Ranches so thought it a good idea to start one for those closer to older side of Dubai like Bur Dubai, karama...would really appreciate your feedback. If these are even 2 or more mums interested we could get started preety soon!

Thanks
    Jennifer

2. sj73

sj73 New IL'ite

I love the idea .... my daughter is 4 and she sure would enjoy !

3. MumOfJ

MumOfJ New IL'ite

Hi,

Its great to see a reply :) I also have another mum interested(with a 15 mnth) daughter. I am trying to put a facebook page may be in a day or two it will be up and running! Whereabts are you located also wht days of the week and timings wld suit you? Pls let me knw. Thanks...will be in touch
    Jennifer

4. annu1881

annu1881 Bronze IL'ite

I would also be interested to find some playmates for my 2.5 yr daughter. She is going to nursery...I am not sure whether she is will interested in art and craft items, she is more into running and playing and enjoys company of other kids. So if you could arrange physical activities for the toddlers which is very rare in dubai due to weather n lack of open space, it would be great. I stay in burdubai ,for me any weekday evenings will suit around 6.30 pm anywhere in karama/burdubai/zaabeel.

5. sj73

sj73 New IL'ite

I stay in Golden Sands area Bur dubai. Weekend mornings would be perfect for me as she comes back from school at 2.30.

6. MumOfJ

MumOfJ New IL'ite

Hey Annu,

Thanks for replying. We can definitely look into varied activities, the idea is to meet atleast once a week :) There is a lovely play area between Gate 1 & 2 at Zabeel park! However 6.30 pm wld be a bit late as it gets dark at 6pm nowadays. Are you a working mum? Are you open to meeting at wknds?

7. Liquidfury13

Liquidfury13 New IL'ite

Hi ladies....I have a 13 month old daughter and am looking to get her playing with other kids. She loves other kids and would love arts and crafts or music related stuff. I live in Shj so I'd take a cab to wherever you guys are meeting. Would love to do this once a week so please let me know if you are meeting. Mornings work better for me..around 11:30ish so I can beat work traffic...weekends would work too. Thanks! :)

8. smiles4dia

smiles4dia Junior IL'ite

Hi,Pls let me know if you have started the playgroup?I have a 3 yr old and she is on the shy side.she loves arts n crafts but refrains from physical activities and has a fear of crowds.I want her to mingle with other kids.do u already have a facebook page?let me know.
    -simi

9. shabd

shabd Bronze IL'ite

dear

i am also interested to join my 5 yr daughter in this group. kindly let me know the details

10. deepa03

deepa03 New IL'ite

Hi Jennifer,
    I stumbled on your post while searching for a playgroup in Golden sands area, your son must be 3.5 yrs now, I too have a daughter who has just turned 3, she goes to nursery, She is little shy and takes time to open up.

I was wondering whether you managed to build any play group? the idea of arts and craft is wonderful, let me know whether you are arranging any meetups. I would definitely like to join with my daughter.
    Regards,
    Deepa