1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The EXPERT DOCTOR Answers The Most Oft Asked Baby Questions

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by aditibose78, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnchanaGanesh

AnchanaGanesh New IL'ite

Hi ,
    This thread is really very useful.
    I have a 1yr old, she hasn't started walking on her own.she uses support to cruise herself and holds on to furniture or our hands to walk.
    Is this ok or should i worry as many kids about her age have started very early.

2. morningglory

morningglory Junior IL'ite

How many hours of sleep is essential for a 3 year old?I just want to make sure my son is getting enough.
    Thanks in advance.

3. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Got your questions ladies. The time to ask your questions has been extended till end of today. So go on and ask. Answers coming up soon!! :)

4. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

My 3.5yrs son gets cold very quickly. I am not giving any juice or icecream or cold items, still he gets. How to avoid ??

5. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

Very useful thread..
    My lo is 4 months now. How many hrs a baby should sleep in this age?
    When is the right time to start solids as she s totally on breast feed only. Can I have the growth chart for the following months if possible.
    Now she is trying to move front in her tummy. As of now her mile stones are all reached.
    Also heard from friends like baby should not held in sitting position as she ll lean forward. Here we use car seats in seating position only and baby is quite comfortable too. m really worried abt. Plz address this.

6. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Are the traditional walkers good? From which month can we start using it for the baby?

7. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

how much shud a 3-6 month old sleep? mine sleeps well at night nd cat naps in the mornings nd gets cranky afte a while.. i have been advised to put her to sleep after every 2 hours... is it so?

8. sandhyars

sandhyars Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Which is the best soap to be used for infants. My daughter is 8.5 months old. I am using Dove on recommendation from my ped. but while bathing, she pushes the soap into her eyes(read as rubs the soap on her cheeks or forehead into eyes) and starts crying. I am worried, if the chemical in the soap will cause any problems to her eyes. My ped strictly asked me to avoid johnsons except for shampoo. Also, if we use any powders(like besan or green gram), wont those tiny particles get into their mouth or eyes?

Thanks,
    Sandhya.

9. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

besan is fine. Ensure you use fine besan. (sieve it if required) I used besan for my DS from Day1. Paed suggested tedibar soap. I use the same for him.

P.S:Sorry after posting realised this is a qn for the doc!!

1 person likes this.
  10. dian12

dian12 New IL'ite

Hi,

My daughter is 10 months old and her skin is very very dry in cold season.What are the remedies for the same?

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.