May 2013 Moms-to-be :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Sanguineme, Aug 28, 2012.

1. sonalrohankayan

sonalrohankayan New IL'ite

Anyone taking any homeopathy medicine for nausea ? One of my friend advised me to try that .

-Sonal

2. swethareddy86

swethareddy86 Silver IL'ite

Agree to what Sugandha has mentioned:exactly: eating small & frequent meals helps in easing the queasiness.

Hi Yathriga,
    Good to know u saw ur LO :)
    u can check this link for more details on NT scan Nuchal translucency (NT) scan
    AM due for my NT scan on 30th Oct, that's when am in my 12th week.:thumbsup

Hi Sonal,

How are you doing? I am not sure about Homeopathy medicine, lets wait & see if other IL's can answer your query

Hi Devika, Gayathri, Ranjoose, Sanguine, how are you gals doing? Long time since i saw ayou all on IL

Take care girls:)

3. gayushiru

gayushiru Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I was not able to post here for sometime - busy managing work schedule with housekeeping.
    Not much to update from my side - still have no nausea/morning sickness but getting tired often. There are days when I get home from work and go straight to bed and DH wakes me up for eating. Counting the days till the end of the first trimester...

I had my flu shot last week and NT scan is scheduled for next week. I read somewhere that the ultrasound tech may be able to tell the baby's sex (sometimes) during the NT scan - not sure how accurate it will be though. Anyway, I am looking forward to taking another peek at LO.

Hi Sonal, my doctor advised me not to take any herbal/alternative medicine supplements at least during first trimester as they may alter our body natural hormone production. So please confirm with your OB about the specific supplement.

To all of you who are working outside the home - have you decided when to inform people at work ? I have told a couple of colleagues who I work close with. But I am yet to tell my boss and other main people. Don't know how long I will be able to wait as my clothes are starting to feel tight already!
    Which brings me to the other question I had - have any of you started buying new clothes yet ? Most of my work clothes don't feel right anymore. But I think its too early for maternity wear. What do you wear in this intermediate period?

Take care everyone.. Keep posting.

-Gayathri

4. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    Im back after a while!! Haven't been feeling very good because of nausea.. My next doctor's visit is only at 12 weeks.. I visited Chicago over the weekend and had good Indian food and brought home some nice sweets ans snacks..:)
    Shwetha,
    I really dont know why I will be having only one ultrasound at 20th week. I should check with my insurance if they will cover more than 1 US. With my first kid, I have quite a few ultrasounds because I was travelling a lot that time..My ob/gyn said unless we have a doubt that something is not right there is no need for an ultrasound. And I'm not opting for the NT scan either.

gayushiru,
    If your jeans are getting tighter, you can try a bella band which will hold it in place without buttoning it. Top- since its getting colder now, you could cover up with cardigans.. Its too early for maternity clothes. They will be too loose until you really start showing well..
    Try this..
    Be Maternity BeBand - Assorted Colors : Target

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  5. gayushiru

gayushiru Silver IL'ite

Thanks Ranjoose - will definitely check out the maternity bands at Target. I was also thinking that the maternity clothes will be too big now. So far I have been managing with skirts, and loose slacks. My jeans stopped fitting at 6 weeks itself as I had some bloating initially.
    -Gayathri

6. Trip

Trip Silver IL'ite

Hi Gayathri...
    Congrats on pregnancy and Iam from Dec due club...just happend to see ur from sunnyvale CA...where do live in sunnyvale?Good to knw someone from same locality...
    and yeah maternity cloths its better u buy when u cross 5month or in 6month..as u will be putting on more weight once u get out of nausea or vomiting...target has good options and motherhood maternity too...!

7. Devika21

Devika21 Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I had been for second fetal ultrasound and the gynae showed me the baby with heartbeat and my hubby and mother were along with me. I never saw my hubby so happy before. He was thrilled to see our LO and entire day the excitement continued. After three miscarriages earlier, we are very hopeful this time, so far everything is going good for us.
    Gynae has also prescribed few blood tests and NT scan next month between 11 and 14 weeks.
    My new due date is June 2, 2013, but I would love to be a part of both May 2013 and June 2013 mommies club.
    As per LMP I am 8 weeks 2 days pregnant, but doctor calculated fetal age as 7 weeks 4 days yesterday.
    Is that normal, however doctor said it is normal. Anyone else having this experience regarding fetal age calculation as I am facing?

Best wishes to all from me.

Regards,

Devika

8. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Hi Devika,
    Dont worry about the few days difference in due date. Generally we calculate due date using our LMPs. But you may never know when exactly you ovulated and when exactly you conceived. It may not be on the 14th day of the cycle. You may have ovulated on the 20th day for eg. So dont worry about that. Take care..

I know.. its the best experience to first see your LO in the ultrasound..:)

1 person likes this.
  9. Devika21

Devika21 Senior IL'ite

10. angarika

angarika Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

good to see that May 2013 mummies are so active :)
    I had my 12th week scan done yesterday and was very nervous as suffered a silent miscarriage earlier this year. When the lady sonographer told us "I can hear a healthy hearthbeat" that's all hubby and I wanted to hear and we were so happy. The little one must have felt I was nervous and kept moving constantly so she had trouble initally to see anything clearly. Really happy that baby is fine. I'm due 1 May 2012.
    Wish you all a healthy pregnancy !

Sigrid

4 people like this.