1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

shoul i stop with ghee?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Anamika29, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

Hi, my question is if i should stop using ghee so often because i'm beggining to think that inspite ghee being so healthy compared with other vegetable oils it is very fatening. What do you think? Please share with me. Is it better to use other oil in curries, dal, etc. Thanks

2. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

You use ghee for all your cooking?:droolHow come you got the idea that ghee is healthy?

Switch over to either olive oil or canola oil or gingely oil.....sooooooooooooon.... my friend

3. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

please switch to olive oil as soon as possible.

regards,
    sreelata.s

4. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

thanks for your replies. I don't use ghee for all my cooking but my kids love it and so i've been using a lot since they started eating our food and that was also the time i started putting on weight - that is also because i cook delicious food for them that i wouldn't cook before that but now i do because they are growing...all those reasons! I do have the ideia that ghee is healthy compared - not with olive oil - but with other oils and butters. I was told that it was good for vegetarian children because it is animal thing. Anyway, i can see that it is very fatening and i only use it in small portions but very frequently and i see how fatening it is on me - not my kids! But i can see that you were surprised that i use so many ghee and so i think that i will stop using it this many times. Thanks a lot.