1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

God only puts us through as much as we can handle

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 13, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

God only puts us through as much as we can handle, so the people who struggle the most, have been chosen by God to be the strongest ones.
    Did you know that God will never put more on you than you can handle? God never explains why certain horrendous things in life are able to happen, but he does let us know in his word that he will always be there for us when we need him to be.

It is very difficult to see an active person in bed. You all know that my dh was in hospital for 10 days for treatment as his Gall bladder was infected and also stones were there. After treatment he was ok and was told to get operated to remove the Gall bladder after six weeks. In the meantime he was going out and doing social work as always. Then we went to another Doctor for second opinion and he asked us to take all the tests and finally on October 1, 2012 he was operated.

The Doctor told that they are going to do Laproscopy and that it will take one and half hour and by evening he will be ok. He was taken for operation at 10 a.m .but he did not come out at 11.30 a.m. I got worried and at 12.30 pm. the Doctor's wife came and told that since there was problem in removing theGall Bladder they had to operate so it has taken more time and he will be brought to the room soon. At 1pm. he was brought to the room. There was a tube for the bad blood to come out, for urine , for drips and also for oxygen. He was in Semi concious state and was saying he wants to get up and was in pain also. Husband and wife both are doctors , so they visited many times and gave us assurance that he will be alright. Seeing him with all tubes I got worried and told my son not to go anywhere. My younger daughter with her daughter was also there. DH's friends also visited. Till 9 pm. he was in pain and later the pain subsided. He was removing the oxygen mask. Next day he was a little better and when I told him that many people came to see him and that he was shouting at us for not allowing him to get up he said he did not know anything. Did not know who was near him. He had become very weak.
    Till Friday he was not given anything except the drips. From Saturday they asked to give him juice but he was having very little and after that slowly he started having solids. For 3 days I was there in the hospital only with him and my daughter was taking care of the house. My brother and law and his friends were bringing lunch for us for two, three days . then I started going home for sometime. Last Saturday my elder daughter also came with her daughter then it was nice with two grand children around. On 8th October my dh was discharged. On Thursday six stitches were removed and today the balance stitches were removed.

One of his friend who is 87years old and whom he and his friends call him appa had told me that dont worry since I am near to the hospital will bring coffee every day morning and evening but his bad luck before my husband was operated he was admitted in the hospital as his pacemaker was not functioning and had to be operated. Another friend of dh used to promptly bring coffee in the morning and evening.

This is the first experience for my DH to be in hospital that too with all tubes. He was feeling very uncomfortable and ony after the tubes were removed he became normal.Seeing him lying down calm and quiet I used to feel very bad as he is a very active person. With God's blessings and everyone's prayers from friends and from IL he is much better. He is much better now. It will take sometime for him to become active again.

8 people like this.

2. shiviz

shiviz Gold IL'ite

sorry for u aunty... and its good to hear he is much better now...Will pray for his fast recovery...

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thank you Shiviz dear for your prayers and welcome to my thread

4. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Sorry viji to hear about your DH's illness and the subsequent surgery, as also the older person.Glad to note that he is out of the hospital and is on the road to recovery.It is true that we are tested to the maximum, so that we can become stronger and stronger.Wishes for you and your family to get over this soon.

1 person likes this.
  5. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Vijima,

Good to hear the operation went off well. May God grant speedy recovery to Uncle.....will keep you in my prayers.

love,
    kylie

1 person likes this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijikka
    Glad to know the operation went well.
    My wishes for a speedy recovery and I am sure Uncle will be back on his feet in no time and be his usual busy self.

You too take care.

1 person likes this.
  7. sujisaran

sujisaran Silver IL'ite

hi vijima

really sorry for uncle's illness. don't worry he will come out from these problems quickly, he will start his routine with you . i will pray for you. whenever i feel something low your posts given such strength for my inner mind. with in two or three days i am expecting my little one. here i am with my dh we want to manage alone . i need your blessings for me and my little one . because of pregnancy i missed your posts in between sory for that. thank you

regards
    sujisaran

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Good to know that uncle is out of hospital and is making good progress. Don't worry, he will soon be on his feet and be back to his social work. He has done a lot of good work to help people and all their good wishes and blessings will be with him to protect him and give him a long and healthy life. :-D

1 person likes this.
  9. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji

How I have missed you here!!! You spread so much positvity on IL :) I am sure everything will work out fine for you and your DH, will keep him in my prayers

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    I am happy and greatly relieved to hear that your DH has been successfully operated upon and he is fine now. The extent of attention that both of you got during this difficult period is an indication of the popularity that you both enjoy in society. I have had the pleasure of meeting you both and the one thing that struck me most was the love and warmth that you both exuded.

If the Wills cigarette guys had continued to run the 'Made for Each Other' Contest, you and Iyerji would be receiving the Trophy year after year like AR Rehman in the Filmfare Annual Contest! Incidentally, it is nice to reflect that you have Iyerji completely tucked into your ID!
    May God keep you happily united for many, many years to come!
    Sri