1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my fight with Cancer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 7, 2012.

1. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

Sir,

What a GREAT person you are! The way you narrated shows how bold you are. The way you look the life so far is simply beautiful. How many of us taking a simple fever easily. We manipulate as if they are the only person who got it, but in spite of undergone a surgery that too normally half of us will die when people hear the spelling of that disease. Hats off to you sir, your boldness and the way how you are looking the life saved you. You will be the inspiration to many people.

2. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    I salute your courage in facing this awful disease. Praying God to give you the strength to continue fighting it off.
    Congratulations on becoming a Grandpa!! So Glad you are able to play with your grand son.Enjoy the time with them.

I am so amazed by your demeanor in facing such difficult circumstances. Its not easy going through chemo and radiation. I have seen my friend and another friend's young son go through cancer. I am sure your positive attitude had so much to do with how soon and how well you recovered. Its really nice of you to share your phone number to the doctors. I am sure you will be able to help numerous folks suffering with your positive attitude.
    Cheers!!!! I am glad you are back here and looking forward to more fun!!
    Aparna

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidbhu,

When i get fever/flu/malaria, and i am feeling lousy, i just sleep it out, and tell my wife, just leave me alone in the room, to sweat it out under the blanket, i keep a bell around which i ring if i want a glass of water, as i am too weak then to get up, but beyond that i tell her, that u dont have to be sick, or act sick just bcs i am sick, i have to suffer it, u go about ur nomal life. Same i expect her to do, when she is sick, i go every hour to ask her what she wants, water medicines, or food.

Why must the other partner suffer , just bcs one partner is suffering ?How will it help?

So if i had cancer , fine, it is for me to suffer, i told her she is free to go visit friends and relatives in mumbai, and stick with me, for i was forced to stay back home as per doc's orders, but she was free and healthy, why should i stop her going anywhere ?

i would want her to enjoy her life, her staying at home with me, would not be helpinbg me .And then with her around, i could not sneak and eat some forbidden things, HAHA.

i have given myu number to the hospital, that patients can call me and ask me how is life after the operation, and i can advise them. even i had called the numbers the hospital had given, and all were great persons to talk to, very positive.

Regards

kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aparna,

the hospital gave me some numbers of patients who had the same ailment as me and had got operated, and i called them, they were so positive, i am nothing in front of them.

and now i have given permission and number to the hospital to let other patients call me.

Regards
    kamal

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I salute your taking on the hard stuff with a positive spirit. Keep up your great attitude.Having your grandson with you will certainly lift up your spirits and keep you on to the healthy road. Children have a way of doing just that. Your positive spirit is catchy and you will be a good counselor to the patients needing some cheer to get them going. If you get a chance, I recommend a book called "When bad things happen to good people" written by a rabbi.

6. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

My dear Kamalji,

You are simply phenomenal. You are such an inspiration. You symbolize a truly happy and satisfied person. Happy, even in adversity. I wish you a great life - not necessarily a long one, but the best life that anyone can ever ask for.

Your never-say-die attitude in overcoming the challenge posed to you, is absolutely admirable. More than that, I really admire your openess in sharing it with us as it gives so much courage and hope to others who may be facing such difficult situations in life. It takes lot of guts to discuss something like that about your own life.To this spirit of yours, please accept my standing ovation.

And in true Kamalji style - three cheers to you Kamalji!

SS

7. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Kudos to your spirit Kamalji. Stay positive.One of my relatives is having prostate cancer and initially it was difficult for him to come to terms with it.Now he is so positive.But his relatives are suddenly making so many frequent visits and making his wife cry and that in-turn affects the whole atmosphere.Thank you for this post.

8. Anikha

Anikha Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamal Ji,,

I am short of words ...

I was skeptical to open the post , I said , no , I don't have guts to hear so painful story ...

I couldn't resist , once, I clicked to share the pain of co IL , it was YOUR's ...

Though you tried to end it in a lighter side with your's only trade mark jokes ...

It still sad , I couldn't enjoy your jokes for first time...

My son reminds his favorite Japanese proverb whenever me and my daughter are depressed..

Fall 7 times get up 8 times......

Though you just fell and got up , you are trying your best to make all IL friends strong ...

God bless you and your family sir...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Usha,

Been missing u here for a long long time, where have u been i see no posts by you eh !Yes children are so good, i can pass my time for hours with them.i will read the book, i have heard about it. thanks for the info and kind words.

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r SS,

i was left with no choice, i told myself, there are two cjoices, get the operation done and live with t he urine bag externally, or dont do it, and die. So i decided to go ahead.
    And the docs told me, the more positive i am the faster i will recover, again no choice SS.HAHA

And for a person like me, who is not afraid of dieing anytime, who thinks the world will go on without him as fine as it can be, the family too will go on, then why do i need to tense myself, i need to be cheerful and happy, and make the visitors happy who come to see me, and that is what i did . Even i am amazed, SS, buy the response to this blog. it is a simple blog, where in i state my problems of eating, and people like it so much eh ! HAHA

Thank u for such words, u know what SS, u make me feel like a SRK, ah sorry he has patented his initials too, so let us say Amir khan eh ! HAHA

Thanks a ton.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.