1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

when spouse are not compatible.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by amnilakshmi, Oct 11, 2012.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi all...

We all have lots of hopes and wishes and lots of expectations about our husbands before marriage... what happens when none of the expectations are satisfied ? is it a good idea to continue with the marriage just for the sake of kids ? or think of our happiness too ... ? I dont know if you people have got my question correct but i am just pondering over this for a while and i find myself very confused... :coffee

2. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

if a man and woman are attracted to each other that is enough. all this compatibility, wavelength, breadth and all doesnt matter imo. naturally, a man and woman can coexist:bonk(betogether)fulfilled and happily if they hav the right maturity for their adult age. also after wedding the parents of both should vanish and should never exist in their life. nothing matters after that..its like Adam&Eve. they complete each other.

8 people like this.
  3. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Please clarify what type of hopes and expectations you are discussing .The DH could also be having the some expectations!
    Nobody is perfect , its difficult to find a clone of oneself!
    Even siblings have different likes and dislikes , no two people will be having the same ambitions , dreams.
    It will be good to find a compromise and adjust for the sake of innocent children or this question should have been adressed before having them.
    Please don't think that all couples you see are totally in tune, all have to adjust.
    There is no gaurntee that a different partner will fulfill all the expectations.
    If situation is really serious then its a different matter.

4 people like this.
  4. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

IMO ,
    1. WIFE IS A PART OF A MAN'S LIFE WHEREAS A HUSBAND IS WOMAN'S LIFE. A MAN HAS MANY AVOGATIONS OUTSIDE MARRIAGE BUT A WOMAN'S AVOGATIONS ARE LINKED TO THE MARRIAGE ONLY - HER KIDS,ILs,HOME ETC.
    2. This is the natural tendency of the world created by GOD and we have to get along with it until we are not soooo happy with each other.

5. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

what if there is no attraction/love... just mechanical lifestyle ?

1 person likes this.
  6. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

:exactly: Same dialogue i say to my husband when he says i wont adjust and i argue with him .
    I tell him no 2 human beings on earth can happily
    live under same roof without arguments or misunderstandings, Its natural
    coz No 2 people will have same mindset and wont think EXACTLY like partner..
    And this applies to siblings,parents,friends,in-laws everyone....

If it is for 1/2hrs a person seems nice and cordial , only when you stay with
    person 24/7 you will get to know all there negative sides too.. So nobody
    is perfect and exact compatible, it all depends on how much we love the
    person and are willing to make compromise to MAKE the relation....

So it totally depends on person, what is important to them..
    If its me, i would try to build Compatibility with partner, and make it work..

Especially if kid is involved its definite noooo.. Unless there is abuse / extra marital affairs
    or any serious problems i wouldn't even think of it, but find different ways to build
    compatibility and common interests among spouse...

Any Guarantee that future Partner will be perfectly compatible ?

7. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

Findout the causes

8. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

By the time, we truly understood/adopted to each other.....became an empty nester.

:rotfl We are at second honeymoon phase, no worries/responsibilities/no ILs :rotfl.

2 people like this.
  9. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

No one it perfect in this universe.:hiya..and no one is able to fulfill all the expectation...wishes and all....this is the reality..so accept it..you can feel...life seems so easy by this this way.:coffee..more expectation means more tension, fight...:bonk:rant..so better try your best as your part..:thumbsup

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What is the meaning of "think of our happiness too"? Find a more compatible husband? As a divorcee, the husband pool is even more limited and filled with undesirable specimens. Or, is the person planning to enjoy single life to the hilt by traveling etc?

In most cases, the person just ends up being single and with same mechanical lifestyle. So, it is better for the woman to remain married. Unless there is domestic violence, physical/emotional abuse or if she falls in love with someone else.