1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What really wife expects from her husband?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Vaanii, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Vaanii

Vaanii Silver IL'ite

She leaves her family far apart to start a new life with him,with so many desires in life.

On the other hand all she gets is dissapointments ,most disappointment when she
    cannot get the support of her husband.

He is the only one she believes and enters in his life and strongly believes that he is the one who is there for her for ever.

When she is being straight and clear and truthful to him,all she is gets is regretion from him and his family?

General question to all married men,

When a man is always forced to choose between his wife and his parents ,(by his parents),doesn't he really understand who is doing good to his marriage?

Are they really a good parents who wanted their son to be happy?

2 people like this.

2. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

guess, question should be what really husband expects from wife??

3. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

Well Indian men really need to grow up and become responsible husbands.The basic problem for most guys is -family includes(in order of priority)their mom,dad,sister and then wife (who is joining their family).As long as this priority order is reversed nothing can be done about it.

Socially and culturally speaking they are conditioned to think that there is nothing wrong with their expectation.But logically speaking,its a selfish demand.

9 people like this.
  4. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

Well said snm!!

5. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

Respect and some personal/private space.

Wife is NOT a slave bought for life, a fellow human being with emotions and equal or even better status than her spouse. In fact, most of the women bring hefty dowry. Brings money for their life time of room/board from her parents.

If I recall, the way I was treated at the earlier years of marriage, I wonder why the hexx, I am still married?
    May be, I had more tolerance/patience and afraid of parents when I was younger.

One of the mysteries of married life.

6 people like this.
  6. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

7. Reflection123

Reflection123 New IL'ite

I think women would find it harder to win loud, upfront conflicts against in-laws. I am not saying that the husband is right--but he and his parents have been standing together with each other for atleast two decades in terms of any difference they might have with any other person. He might get a guilt pang if he decides to not stand with them any more--even if now its his married life at stake.

I think people should choose their fights. We need to learn the art of winning, by fighting on our strength areas--and avoiding the areas where we are weak. In a direct confrontation with in-laws there is very little chance that husbands would support their wives. So just suck it up that time---and later try to work on the soft corner men have for their wives. A man won't wage outright wars with his parents because of his wife; but he will feel deeper for his wife in his personal moments with her. Just use that time well, to say what you want to say, and use a bit of cleverness. Its not about righteousness or feminism or male chauvinism, its about being strategic to get what you want to get in life.

Having said that --yeah men choose their parents over their wives a lot of times. But that's also got a lot to do with the time, and place, and manner, we women sometimes choose to express ourselves. We often fight on the unfavorable battle-grounds and ignore the ones in which we are definitely stronger. We can choose to brood about the unfairness in our situation---or we can simply act smarter and shrewder and be the game changers.

8. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

OP, In addition to what Snm1984 said....

Indian men don't really get married for themselves. When they are getting married, they don't think like: Wow! I'm getting a wife, she will be my life-partner, we will grow old together, besides I'll start 'my own family', I'll have MY home, I'll have kids, they all will be part of myself. Its grt to be married !!! (This is something the bride expects from her husband.... sic!)

Rather they think like: Yay ! My mom has found me a wife, she will look after my parents, mom won't have to cook anymore, I don't have to worry if they fall ill, my wife will take care of them all, my sister will be her guru in these matters. Isn't it grt to be married?!!!

You see the HUGE difference between expectations and reality??? :bonk

4 people like this.
  9. Vaanii

Vaanii Silver IL'ite

Perfect lines for (99%) Indian men who only needs a wife for his family and himself.

Never bother to find how many years he looses in his marriage.By the time they realise its too late. :)

On the other hand they dont even care about wife siblings and parents...........:)

Hatss off to educated men ,who are still uneducated about real marriage meaning.............

But needs a educated wife without selfrespect for her family and herself...............:)

1 person likes this.
  10. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

dont you people get bored bashing indian men, so often?!

7 people like this.