Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Radhi, thanks for shakkarpara feedback.
    I see in my recipe
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/1590174-post6.html
    The temp: is 160 deg C.
    I really can't guess what could have gone wrong!!
    Take your time to get familiar with milets - noproblem!!

2. Chitvish

Magee, super performance!!
    Your confidence level & interest are quite high & that is why you succeed!!
    Cup idli's original name was tumbler idli - I gave amodern name :biggrin2:

1 person likes this.
  3. Chitvish

Thanks for the feedback :)
    There isno rule that brinjal with raw banana is not combined. I have given a Palghat reciope pulikuthina uperi.
    Old tamarind??Try a small amount of paste. If the taste is good, go ahead.BUT doubtful!!

1 person likes this.
  4. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    Tried Ragi-Atta dosai yesterday for dinner. As you mentioned it came out very crispy & very tasty. I paired it with sambar & DH loved it.:thumbsup. Dosais always have an edge over idlis in my place & what a great idea to get ragi included inthe diet.
    I'm substituting carrot for coconut sometimes. Made arachivitta sambar a few days back with carrot and it came out 'as usual:biggrin2:'. Nobody was able to find out the difference! Even for kootu it is very nice. Carrots are now cheaper & is always at home , makes things much easier. Thank you.
    Love,
    Damini.

5. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

dear mam, i didnt post my fb for somedays,but regularly browsing this thread.i made kalyanarava kitchdi,last week.supertaste!!!!!!!!!!!! last sunday madurai hotel idly sambar with idly,for breakfast,applamkulambu, stuffed brinjal curry on stovetop.(steaming it for 7minutes) chanceilla!!!!!if my dh shows his thumbsup that is the reward for my cooking. i always get this when i try ur receipes.evening i tried apple alwa.simple and flavour of alwa was so good and main thing is less ghee is required.i liked it. going to try one more time. thank YOU !!!!! :thankyou2:

6. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

dear mam, forgot to add 123 oothappam that i made today.spongy and tasty,i just tried to make aappams also.it was also nice.i made olan and rasam for lunch.i am trying olan often when ever i get white pumpkin.thanka lotttttttttt.

7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

8. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear chiths

Very sad and cudnt even see mama like this.....may God give you and your family the strength to withstand this loss.....i am sure we are all there and will help you get over this loss....

sowmi

9. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

Hello Maami, Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Actually its for cooking and also I have to start trying making cakes, cookies, sweets as well because Vaideesh loves it. Please resuggest in this case. :bowdown.

and I tried new chutneys of yours...a) Orange peel thogayal & b) Peanut Coconut Chutney and served it for dinner along with hot dosas.Must say that it turned out to be so well and I was at all praise by my dear hubby :thumbsup. Especially the Orange Peel thogayal was something very different he had tasted...and he loved it more with curd rice and I have even packed it as a side dish for lunch today :). I will be trying out on more and keep you posted.

I have gone thro your "Electronic Gadgets" Thread. It was quite helpful. I have recently purchased "Mixie Cum Food Processor" machine which can perform FP, Juicer, Mixer, Grinder functions + 13 attachments including chopper, dough maker, 6 different blades for slicing,whisking & Whipping, centrifugal Juicer with attached filter and Citrus Juicer (YES...ALL IN ONE WITH 3 Mixie and one FP Jar)...Its almost 2 months and this is really helping me and your thread is even more helpful in making the best use of this machine.

Thanks a lot for Every thing Maami.....:thankyou2:

10. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite