Moving to Katy, TX

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by ds28, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ds28

ds28 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am Sai Lakshmi, originally from Chennai living in NYC now.
    My family (my husband, 3 yr old and myself) is moving to Houston area in mid-November. We are looking for good rental communities in Katy area.
    We prefer communities with young kids, children's play ground, a good day care center nearby.

Can you please suggest some rental apartments that offer flexible lease terms in and around Katy area?
    Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
    Sai Lakshmi

2. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sai Lakshmi,
    Welcome to Katy. We moved here in July . The apartment we live in is Oak Park Trails Apartments. You can go to their website and check it out. We really like it here. We have a park in the apartment and lots of kids around. I dont know abt day care .
    I am also from Chennai.

Shobana

3. gayathri1981

gayathri1981 Senior IL'ite

Hi Shobana and Sai Lakshmi

Nice to see 2 chennai people living/moving to Katy.

I live in Katy too. But we are living in a comunity in independant house. Its near franz road/ Fry road.

But there are many apartments around, Bent tree village, camden,apartments. They are good. I am from chennai too.

pls do add me as friend in IL..we can share details and meet up. I have a 5yr old boy.

4. Booni

Booni Junior IL'ite

Hi sailakshmi and shobana

I live in Katy in Franz road....I live in a house..but there are so many apartments like Camden ,bent tree village, kings land ranch etc..,
    I am from Chennai..its great to know two people from Chennai living and moving in Katy..if u want to talk further,pls let me know ....

Bye for now

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  5. ds28

ds28 New IL'ite

Dear Shobana and Booni,

Many thanks for your replies. Very happy to get acquainted with you.

Shobana,
    I will surely check out Oak Park Trails. I remember seeing it in some rental website and it is in my list. I am on vacation now in Chennai and hence the delay in replying. Sorry about that.

Booni,
    Good to know you. I will surely keep in touch with you. Thanks for all the apartment community names. Will check them out.

I will email you both once we finalize a place and will get your contact numbers.
    Looking forward to meeting you soon in Katy. :)

Thanks
    Sai

6. suganyasvn

suganyasvn New IL'ite

hi frnds,
    i am suganya ..i am also from chennai right now in houston nearby memorial drive in frnds place searching for an apartment in katy ...i have four and half old kid want to put her in school ...so i am searching for an apartent nearby school..can someone help me in this

7. gayathri1981

Hi suganya

I live in Katy too...my kid is 5 yrs old boy..he goes to Montessori moments...Google it,its near fry road..there are apartments many if them..private message me.

I'm from Chennai too...this school is good...if u want more info do mail me..I will be glad to help...bye for now

8. ds28

ds28 New IL'ite

Hi Gayathri,

Thanks for your message. I am not sure how I missed it earlier.
    Good to know you through this forum. Thanks for suggesting apartment communities there in Katy.
    We are looking at Bent Tree and Oak Park Trails. I will contact you once we reach there.

Cheers,
    Sai

9. nithya2012

nithya2012 New IL'ite

Hi,

My name is Nithya, We are going to move to Houston in 2 weeks time. My husband office is in Houston (77092). We have a daughter goes to grade 3. we are looking for an apartment in a safe, good neighbourhood and some good school. We are open for areas that are close to houston or with in the drive of 30 mins. Please suggest me an area and apartment (our budget is 1000, can be extentable to 1100 also). And also, she is going to kumon and taking a classical dance classes here. we would like to continue the same and would be better if we can get these classes also near by the apartments. Kindly suggest me. Thanks..

10. gayathri1981

Hi Sai Lakshmi

Good to see your response. Yes do contact me. Both oak park trails and bent are closeby to me. Contact me when you get here.I shall pass on my contacts..bye for now