1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Vanathi for ur suggestions, i am regularly giving him head bath on alternative days and the flakes seems to be going away...
    Get well soon

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  2. himani

himani New IL'ite

hello girls,
    sorry for not writing since long time, what to do i slipped and have a swollen toes. but now recovering.dear Vanthi , aadhu meaning is good. both your son and my son r of same sun sign . leo , that is lion . they will behave like leaders. do u belief those things. i read all those stuff as it interest me. about the cold , i am giving a tip - AFTER GIVING BATH OR SPUNGING BABY JUST RUB LITTLE MUSTARD OIL ON CHEST OF BABY, IT KEEPS THEM WARM. IT HELPS A LOT IN COLD WEATHER.
    Sowmi u try with aryan also.
    Dhivya , if Adi is about teething then carrot is best teether as it is nutritious also. and also cross your finger when u spend one month with your inlaws.
    bye himani

3. selviraj

selviraj New IL'ite

Hi to all new moms,

I have 3 months old boy , he is just now started reading my face and laughing talking goo,inga like that..but he is not sleeping more than 3 hrs ,btw anyone tried thodil to make them sleep? my mom ask me try it out it will help them to sleep long hrs in night . soon i am going to try it out. let see

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    Himani...hope your feet are better now. I dont really believe in sun-signs but I do read horoscopes in magazines out of curiosity. I've never liked any of the Leos I know so I'm hoping my son will be different! Thanks for the tip. Aadhu is ok now.

Selvi...Welcome! What is your son's name? Its so nice when they first start interacting with you! Aadhu sleeps in a thottil (I'm assuming you mean the cloth cradle) in the daytime and in his crib/our bed at night. Its true that he takes longer naps in the thottil I think because it cuts out light and noise and also you can rock him in case he wakes up in between. Anyway try it and see.

Vanathi.

5. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi Selvi

Where do u get this cloth cradle(thodil), bcos we cant make one at home right, we need hooks for that isnt it? wats is ur plan for it?

6. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Hope all are having a great time with your kids. I could not participate for some time since I had been to India.

I wish if I could spend more time in reading the threads and participate more. Let's see.

My daughter name is Srivarshini. She's 5 months old. I am in Sandiego,California

I want your experience with diaper rash. She never had the problem of diaper rash but I do not know whether because brand I used in India or because of the Chennai climate.

If I apply the diaper rash ointment, she starts crying like anything. I donot know whether it pains a lot... I am just keeping her diaper off from last night...

Please tell me some medicine for this....want to cure very urgently...

Indra

7. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Indra

Yep. Diaper rash cream will make them cry.

Things that worked for me:
    1. Apply Breast milk(if u r BFing) in the rash. Let it dry.

2. After every diaper change(mainly solid diaper) wipe the area with a wet wash cloth & let it dry then apply Vaseline.

3. Min of 15-30 min(In a day) keep her off from the diaper. Air circulation is a must.

If it doesn't get any better, plz let her pediatrician know.

Hope these helps. BTW her name is so cute. Do post her pic. Hope she gets better pretty soon.

Hi everyone & kisses to kutties

Dhivya

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  8. selviraj

selviraj New IL'ite

hai sanravi,

My mom brought the stitched cloth and spring form india , we brought the hook here in home depot store did a hole and screw the hook and hanged one yesterday ! :yes: Its really working like magic, dheeshith liked it very much! now he is sleeping well until we wake him up.

i atteched the pic take a look so that u can get some idea!!!

Attached Files:

9. selviraj

selviraj New IL'ite

hello asdhusmom,

My son name is Dheeshithan ,btw Your little one name is so different , yes we did try the thotil yeasterday its work like magic dheeshith liked it and he is sleeping well now until we waking him up!

10. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

Hi

Dhivya thanks for the suggestion. do you have any idea usually how long it takes for the diaper rash to become normal(is the red skin will remain?)

Also please suggest me what I can give it to srivarshini in hand because she is keeping everything possible in her mouth. As i m alone at home, not able to avoid this all the time( in fact she's keeping her toe in the mouth)

I am attaching her picture.

Attached Files: