Eurokids, rajakilpakkam

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Nisha00, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Nisha00

Nisha00 New IL'ite

Hi,

Does anyone have feedback on eurokids, rajakilpakkam branch??? I would like to know about the teaching environment, are teachers friendly n caring, hygine, etc. Feedback frm parents of kids studying there is appreciated. I read somewhe that they charge more fees and not worthy for the fee...is this true??? Pls suggest me...im looking for a playschol for my kid.

2. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Nisha,

My son did his pre-KG and LKG in Eurokids, Rajakilpakkam. Pre-KG was ok but had very bad experience with LKG curriculum. As he was frequently ill, we wanted to put him somewhere nearby and so enrolled in Eurokids instead of a regular school for LKG. V shifted him to SSM for UKG and we notice a remarkable difference. We now feel very bad for enrolling him in Eurokids last year.

I wud advise u to consider Eurokids for playschool but strictly not for LKG n UKG. I ahve given below the problems I faced.

1. The ambassador that they use for transport is heavily stuffed. There r almos 15 kids stuffed into a single car n they charged 1.2k per month
    2. Teachers r highly inefficient. Moms of kids r brought in as teachers. And staff keep frequently changing. I was shocked at the parents teachers meet when the staff cudnt even greet us in english.
    3. They dont follow any syllabus. The class notes that they give during the end of the year were only half completed. Hindi wasnt even thot in school but they kept on giving homework.
    4. They concentrate only on their annual day n sports day rather than studies as its the way to market themselves.
    5. Dumping too many kids within the same building.
    6. No safety for kids. My son broke his tooth in school and no first aid was given to him. The helper had just cleaned him up and the staff werent even aware of the incident. When v enquired closely, v understood that there were not even a single staff in the premises and they had gone out for some annual day purchase and 2 helpers were managing sround 120 kids.

Many parents complained last year and the management didnt even listen to us. Its only the brand name with which these people r surviving along.

1 person likes this.
  3. Nisha00

Nisha00 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Shubini for your feedback.....actually i am jus loking for a playschool n not planning for lkg n ukg in eurokids....bt from ur experience looks like even the staff are nt qualified and there is lack of safety n the management is nt concerned abt it.....taking safety into account this lack of safety is also applicable for the eurokids playschool right???? Or do they have a separate building for playschool n kg classes??? and is safety n unqualified teachers only in kg classes or both playschool n kg??? Kindly advice... If u could suggest some other better playschools which u heard is gud in rajakilpakkam area , wud be of gr8 help..thanks.

4. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Nisha,

There is a separate building for playschool and KG classes. But transport is all the same which is worse.
    Just enquire the qualification of the staff and their eurokids experience. Not much idea abt other playschools..nowadays everywhere playschools r started for quick earning and they run playschools in a 3 BR house w/o any future plans of growth/expansion. There is not enough play area and playschool run in a house looks very cramped and unwelcoming.

Playschool experience was fine for us. Just check roots to wings and ABC montessori also.

5. Nisha00

Nisha00 New IL'ite

Thanks shubini, yeah true.....as u said nowadays a lot of playschools r started jus to make quick money and they lack quality of education and kids safety. Will check out roots to wings and abc montessori too.

6. mattaesha

mattaesha New IL'ite

Hi Nisha
    My daughter is a part of Eurokids velachery. I really like the school since she has a lot of fun and at the end of the day its all about your child. I enrolled her there when she was just 18 months old since my house is nearby. its been 2 years now, and i have seen her develop so much. i too was tensed at first but now after its been 2 years i don't regret enrolling her there. she has made so many friends every 3rd day they have a special activity. the best part is she likes going back to school. i never imagined that happening since she is so attached to me. The teachers also take such good care that im surprised they know off my daughter as much as i do. its commendable. You should visit them have a look at their facilities. they make sure your child gets all they need to be comfortable and since its your child's 1st experience of school be sure to make the right choice. tc :)

7. spari

spari Senior IL'ite

Hi Nisha,
    My kid went to EuroKids - PlayGroup 2 years back for few months and i was satisfied as it just a playtime for him.Teachers and helpers were friendly and environment was OK ( floors were child proofed). I have no idea about academics. I choose it because there were no much choice available that time.

Cons- They dump too many kids and they never let parents see whats happening inside the classroom.

Thanks,
    spari

8. Nisha00

Nisha00 New IL'ite

Thanks mattaesha forur feedback. Nice to hear tat u had very good experience with eurokids , velachery and ur kid is njoying there. I think environment varies in each branch.

Thanks spari for sharing ur experience too. Now i guess there are lot of playschools in rajakilpakkam. Since eurokid has a brand namd n reputation i wanted to know abt its standard . Let me check out other playschools too.

9. silpa79

silpa79 New IL'ite

Hi Subhini,

what is the full name of SSM and where is it located. We recently shifted to Chennai from Bangalore. We put up in Selaiyur.

Thanks
    Silpa

10. jayaramc

jayaramc New IL'ite

I agree

A feedback from old parent.

Don't waste your kids life by joining in this branch.

It was OK in Pre-KG and it was worst after that. Either it was due to bad curriculum or bad management. They know how to impress the parents by sports day and annual day but nothing in academic, and I feel its completely a money minded institution.

The kids will suffer when they move to school.