1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ladies who don't like cricket,what do you do when your hubby watches cricket??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rodrigues, Sep 29, 2012.

1. veenaruban

veenaruban Silver IL'ite

hehehe... even here its the same case. I dont like watching cricket. I get annoyed sometimes, when he shouts for those six and fours and claps n all. But i just go and snatch the remote from him and watch my channels if any important programs are there to watch..

Or simple as that i just go near to him and annoy him by disturbing him, pull his hairs, beat him etc etc, such that he gets irritated and goes to out to smoke..

1 person likes this.
  2. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

I always thought I loved cricket, until I met my husband.

When he comes back from work, he gives me a hug, changes, switches on tv, goes to the cricket telecasting channel, for whatever match they are airing (spans from 1983 world cup to current day world cup, under 16, under 18, normal, eves cricket, cricket shows, post match analysis, pre match talk show, interviews, cricket quizzes, everything basically remotely connected to cricket!!) To top it, he makes it a point to snatch away the laptop from me to continuously monitor the match statistics on espnstar website while watching the match and bluntly asking me and MIL to shut up while commentator is giving such a holy sermon!!! shakehead

Next day, we dissect each and every comment made by reporters of local and english newspaper and curse the inappropriate ones. shakehead

If by chance cricket match is not being aired, we can be pleased to watch WWE!!!!! :eek

I go by Cricket and cherish when the match is aired to avoid looking at the wwe matches !!!

Its okay! Bade bade desho mein aisi chhoti chhoti baatein hoti rehti hai!! Chill! :-D

3 people like this.
  3. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

Hey nice thread...

Yes it is a big problem when matches start :spin:spin:spin

I remember we used to fight for TV remote...

But now it settled, like Magee I too get into the kitchen & experiments on food

1 person likes this.
  4. Rodrigues

Rodrigues Bronze IL'ite

holy sermon!...hahhaa

1 person likes this.
  5. succhi

succhi Silver IL'ite

my hubby is mad about cricket...........he wakes up in the midnight with help of an alarm clock to watch few matches which take place in other countries.........:)when he is watching the match even if an elephant goes passed him he wont be able to notice it............talking to him under normal human frequency is a mere waste...when he s busy watching cricket........so i just keep quiet and remain busy with my work..........at times i go crazy and scream at him which only leaves me more impatient............:drowningi have reached such a state that i have started hating the word CRICKET

6. kirthi82

kirthi82 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My husband is crazy fan of cricket. He will watch from starting from discussion about pitch,players then coin toss ,whole match and award ceremony, match discussion and highlights. After that he will discuss about the match with at least two of his friend. So whole day will be about cricket. If I become mad, I will switch on the tv and hear some songs with high volume. Sometimes I will make my son to disturb him to get that and this. I like him to be disturbed. I can tolerate when he is seeing cricket without disturbing me ,but when none of his friends pick up the cal to discuss abt cricket...WitsendWitsend I will be the target. He will talk to me for half and hour...:drowning:drowning

2 people like this.
  7. Geetanjalikumar

Geetanjalikumar Gold IL'ite

When I read your post, I was thinking of all those poor men, whose wives are glued to tv serials 365 days. :)

My husband is not a sports person. After reading so many woes here, I thank him for not getting into sports that much. He and I watch only the important matches. He watches calmly, but on other hand, I scream, jump up and down, enjoy the match thoroughly.

1 person likes this.
  8. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

haha...it's the opposite for me!

I love cricket...my husband likes it too but not as much as I do...

so I keep him updated on all the scores n matches... and I only ask him to watch...wake him up early morning to watch the match....haha...

9. silambulekshmi

silambulekshmi New IL'ite

Nice thread. Reminds me of our wonderful moments. Depends on my mood. If I'm serious, I'll never mind him, just continue with my work. If in playful mode, at times I used to snatch the remote for a few mins alone; prepare something good to eat for us and then I'll be reading some book/listen to music sitting near him and disturbing him a little. Indeed he used to love this. Moreover if he is watching cricket, it means he is relaxed. So no worries that my hubby will get irritated :)

10. Rodrigues

Rodrigues Bronze IL'ite

hey ladies,

there is todays match going on....so i just started watching youtube videos..came across a funny one...''barbieboy'' its so funny..

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012