9 month pregnant 'Help Please'

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by mercyagin, Sep 6, 2012.

1. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My Co-Sis is pregnant. Her due date is September 27. Her placenta is located near the cervix. Hence her baby is underweight. It is 2.5 kgs. Please help with tips to improve the baby's weight.
    Anyone who has experienced this may give advice. Its urgent.

2. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Dear Mercy,

2.5 kg at this time is now very less.Moreover babies tend to gain much weight in 9th month.Stay calm...According to my doctor, anything above 2.5 kg is considered to be healthy baby. On her part, she can include lot of protiens in her diet, lot of milk, nuts etc. You can google..u will get lot of information on the same topic on indusladies itself.

1 person likes this.
  3. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

My son was 2.75 KGs at birth which is considered normal ..during first 5 or 6 years he was looking skinny. not the chubby ones you see on tv. but that ok.. as long as the kids are active.. its ok

1 person likes this.
  4. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Hi mercy
    Pls do not panic 2.5 is normal birth weight, last week my friend delivered he r baby and the baby. Weighed only 2.3 kg but both mother n baby are doing good she was not even kept in the incubator.. As another friend mentioned she can have lots of protein and fiber rich food

1 person likes this.
  5. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the replies. She is having nutritious food but as the placenta is low lying, baby is not receiving enough nutrition from the blood.

6. monu21

monu21 Senior IL'ite

hi mercyagin,
    dont worry, my LO was underweight 2.4kg during my 9th month pregnancy because of hyperglycemia condition..slowly she gained weight.didnt loose hope had healthy foods as much as i can like nuts,nenthrapazham,greens sprouted green gram with black jaggery and more protein intake.her birth weight was 3.3 kg,was healthy too .now she is 3 months old..tell her not to loose hope..strong mind makes wonders ..:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  7. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

hi mercy,

what was weight of baby at the time of birth? hope everything is fine...i m in the same boat now.i m 37 weeks and baby weight is 2.5 kg.i have only 20 days to go...trying my best to increase weight by including protien in diet.Any other suggestion ladies?

1 person likes this.
  8. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Rachna,

Her baby was in a breech position so she had to undergo Caesarean Operation. Baby is fine now.

Did you doctor say that the babys weight is less? If they have not said anything dont worry, recently I heard many birth stories where the babys weight is within 2.5 kg and still the baby was healthy.

Anyway, my mom gives me apple puree mixed with milk everyday. She also make me drinks badam powder (home made) mixed in milk. My weight gain has been good. In one week, my weight increased one Kilo.

1 person likes this.
  9. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi dear

2.5 is not abnormal....my baby was 2.3 kg, I had to go for C section(fluid became less) and it was 34 weeks...

I was completely OK and my baby was perfectly alright, very active...he gained weight very nicely afterwards..

So dont worry at all...

1 person likes this.
  10. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies
    this is my 6th month... over all ive gained only 3.5kg from my original weight. is it normal?..last time when i visited my gyn she said that its fine as baby weight matters only in 8th or 9th month of pregnancy. am havin protein powder, egg and 10 almonds everyday. should i add green gram sprouts to increase my weight? or am i obsessed? whenever i talk to my friend she tells that i should atleast be +6kg at this time of pregnancy . and also i should mention that my tummy seems smaller. i dont look much of a preggy most of the times except when the baby moves.

thanks