1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

project to grow long hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rya, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

Hi thanks for all these tips.
    Can you give me your opinion on Vatika oil (pure coconut oil with henna, amla and lemon)? Is it good for hairfall or just keeps the hair beautifull? Thanks a lot

2. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks rya, sorry for my late reply.

Thanks for the info about Dabur amla. I wil try to get brahmi oil. My hair fall is still their (but reduced). Which shampoo are you using? please advice.

3. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi muthuraji and anamika
    thanks for ur replies..Raji,u can get reetha powder in any naatu marunthu kadai(i think u know tamil) as seeds or as powder...For ramthirth brahmi oil,u can ask for grocery stores,or i think it will be available in north india only..sorry to say that u have to search for that product.. In USA,i just bought it from patel brothers shop..so i don't know exactly where it will be available in chennai..
    Anamika, i think vatika is very good for hair..i tried it but due to it's perfume i got headache,so i returned it after two days itself...but,it cools hair i think...it is also a very good oil..
    thanks

4. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi Aabhi,
    actually iam not using shampoos..iam using shampoo for only once per month..apart from that i used to soak fenugreek seeds and green gram seeds in curd or buttermilk,the previous night and the next day i will grind them into a fine paste and apply it on hair for one hour..after that i used to take just head bath..the oil will automatically go off..i won't use shampoos..if u r particular in shampoos,u can use johnson's baby shampoo for hair,but it is little bit expensive
    thanks

5. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi rya,

Thanks for your info.

I need shampoo to wash my hair always. I used to use Johnson's baby shampoo (when my son was a baby), but not now. I shall try to get back and thanks for the hair pack details, it sounds simple and good. I shall try that one too and let you know the feedback.

I really would like to thank you for sharing such wonderful tips with all of us :bowdown

6. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

no mention aabhi! it's all my pleasure to spread whatever i know
    thanks

7. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

Thanks. I will try to get ramthirth brahami oil but... i can see that some of you there in India can´t find it easily.... so i think that it will be dificult here in Portugal but... i will try!

8. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

i think everybody is confused abt getting brahmi oil...why don't u try for online shopping from traders? but,shipping and everything will make ur money drain totally due to a single bottle of oil..Best alternative is u can prepare herbal oil at home..If anybody in USA,interested in preparing herbal oil at home,let me know and i can give u recipe of it if u r interested.
    thanks

9. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

hi rya
    thank you for ur tips.
    When I am in India I have a long thick hair.i feel lazy to apply any pack to hair.so i used coconut oil boiled along with hibiscus leaves.but here i have no such leaves.
    But i am planning to plant it.
    At present I am using methi seeds along with oil & then heat it in the microwave & applying it.
    Can u give me the recipe for preparing herbal hair oil & if possible with the natural products available here.
    regards

10. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi myhtilimurali,
    thanks for reply..u can get louana pure coconut oil in walmart
    for 913ml of oil(we have to prepare oil with whatever ingredients available in USA,no other way)
    ingredients to add
    one small cup of freshly grounded curry leaves paste
    one small cup of methi seeds paste(soak methi seeds in pure coconut oil the previous night)
    one small cup of gooseberry extract paste(either frozen-thaw it or fresh)-optional because u may or may not get it in indian stores..u can also use nellikkai mulli in tamil(dried gooseberry pieces)
    jasmine or rose oil for fragrance-u will get this in indian stores..
    it will be better if the ingredients are fresh
    heat the oil,add gooseberry extract slowly,be careful the oil may splatter..so add slowly
    stir for 10 mins till the essence goes deeply in oil..
    add curry leaves extract slowly,stir for 10 mins..
    then methi paste and stir the oil till all the moisture evaporates and u will get consistency of ingredients separated from oil(this will definitely takes time so,pls be patient)..Filter the oil and then add 2 drops of jasmine or rose oil for fragrance if u need..
    this oil will come upto 3 months or more depends on usage..i will not suggest henna as hairfall will be there for some people including me if i use it..This hair tonic is very good for hair growth ..
    the oil is ready..be careful when adding the fresh ingredients..don't overheat the oil before adding ingredients as splattering may occur..so add in nominal heat and add slowly..
    thanks
    note: one beautician gave me a recipe with so many ingredients that will only be available in india.so,if anybody is interested to get that recipe,let me know and i will give u that also..thanks

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008