1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Gynecologists in and around New Jersey

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by ramya_psk, Mar 31, 2007.

1. vbhatt

vbhatt New IL'ite

Re: Good Gynec

Thank you ! Will call and make an appointment soon !

Do you know whats the procedure here once you are pregnant ? Do you jut go to the hospital & inform them or you get the gynec to do all that ?

thanks!

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Good Gynec

Hi Vbhatt,

Once you confirm with home pregnancy test, make a appointment with the doctor you wish to go for checkup.

Almost it must take some 10days to get appointment i guess. Then once you go there, they will ask to fill one form, in reason you can mention to confirm pregnancy.

Here clinics, medical field is very advanced& people over there are very helpful towards us.

All the best.

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Dr. Bharati Mavani

[FONT=arial,helvetica] Hi Friends,
    Do anybody have any feedback about Dr. Bharati Mavani in NJ.

Plz advice.
    Thanks Much!!!!!

Nand
    [/FONT]

4. gibran

gibran Guest

Hi,

I am new to the US and am currently staying at Passaic, NJ. I would like to know if there are any good gynaecologists in Passaic/Clifton/Hackensack/Paramus areas. I would like to go for a pre-conceiving checkup first since I had a miscarriage two years back and haven't conceived since then ..... please help.

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Good Gynae in Passaic/Clifton/Hackensack/Paramus areas?

Hi Gibran,

You can try Rahula raja(Srilankan) in Jerseycity or Jyotsna Gor(Indian ) near Journal square.

Many of my hubby's collegues go to Jyotsna as they stay near by, but personally i have experience with Dr.Rahula Raja...he is gentle and good.

All the best.

6. gibran

gibran Guest

Re: Good Gynae in Passaic/Clifton/Hackensack/Paramus areas?

Hi Usha,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I think Jersey City and Journal Square are far from where I stay i.e about 1 hour journey or so. Just wondering if you know anybody in and around Passaic/Clifton/Hackensack/Paramus areas?

Thanks in advance.

- Gib

7. Angel0205

Angel0205 New IL'ite

hi,

Can anyone tell me any personal/ friend's experience with this ob/gyn in East Brunswick?
    I called so many OB/GYN but all seemes so busy, everyone is giving dates for the next month :( . I need to see an OB/GYN soon.

Thanks.
    Ang

8. Nandshyam

Re: Dr. Vatsala Rao - East Brunswick ob/gyn?

I have heard that shes kinda reserved person... hmm..meaning... she will not be forthcoming and giving u advices and stuff.. if you ask questions she will answer.. else she will do her job.. thats it..

my friends told me.. that makes them uncomfortable since.. during that time, they might want to know a lot and the doc should make them comfortable..

Try bharati mavani in oak tree.. shes an experienced Gynec I heard.. shes like in 50s and makes you at ease..

9. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

i head that Dr. Rashmi Acharya in Plainsboro is a good gynec and some of my friends have very good exp with her... may be if its near to your place u can try her

My physician referred me to Dr.Sangeetha Dave in edison, i am yet to consult her..
    did any one have experience visiting her???

10. Nandshyam

hey this is what I got about her review:

(1) [FONT=arial,helvetica]Dr. Sangeeta Dave . She is good doctor. The problem with her is that she takes too many patients, and also it seems she messed some some ladies labor by refusing to come since those ladies had pain during her office hours :shock:

(2)
    [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica] Another I read, many did not like the way she handles her patients,does not answer their questions to the patient's satisfaction,after she examines she is in a hurry to finish the appointmen.

(3)
    [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica] Issue with insurance messups...

For everyone it might be different, so I guess you can just give it a try... make sure you are comfortable if so, then proceed with that doc, else you can always switch..

but please do this before you are pregnant.. that way there wont be hassle to change during those 9 months...
    [/FONT]