1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First challenge for a new mom - waking at nights

Discussion in 'Infants' started by ptamil2007, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hello all,

Being a new mom, I just wanted to share this first challenge of mine.

15 days ago I was sleeping and waking up at my own will, actually now I can say I was having a golden era with my sleep.

Now its suddenly poles apart.
    When he cries, I wake up, making him feed takes an hour or so with me getting used to the position, then making him latch on. So overall it takes an hour and a half till he sleeps again. By this time our deep sleep is gone. So to get next sleep takes an hour and soon its time to wake up again.

I feel bad when I cant immediately feed him becoz I wake up and becoz of pain from stitches getting a position to sit is a big task. He cries too much within that.
    My mom is here to help me out, still it seems a big challenge.

Now I have started kind of knowing how difficult parenting can be. My mom says your son is much more patient than what you were. I was like Oh my god if I cried more than this, how did my mom manage me? hehehe:spin :spin

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hey Pavi,
    Very true. You never know how good you had it until its gone! I'm STILL doing the night-waking thing - atleast 2-3 times every night and I dont see the light at the end of the tunnel yet. Actually Aadhu started sleeping through the night from 2 mnths to 5 mnths and then restarted the night waking this past 2 mnths. It gets to the point where you are unable to sleep well even if the baby doesnt get up - I wake up automatically every 3 hrs wondering why he hasnt woken up! maybe when they are teens we will FINALLY stop worrying...

Vanathi.

3. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pavi

Very big challenge, but only "no time to sleep" for now, once ur mom goes back "no time to eat", "no time to bath", "no time to Bathroom"(especially when it very urgent), "no time to shop"(even grocery)..........................

[SIZE=-1]Parenting is the World's Toughest Job.

Pavi, Akshay is a very sweet name. Do post his pic.

DSrini
    [/SIZE]

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Pavi
    I am glad you are posting and sharing with us here..take rest when u cn

Aadhu;s MOM - it gets worse as they grow older esp in teens you start to worry about other things too.
    being a MOM never ends..so take it easy these really are the best years !

5. kavikutti

kavikutti New IL'ite

I am also a mom and night times i use lying down position to feed my baby. This way my wakeup time is a lot reduced.

Goodluck,
    Kavi.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The lying down position is very useful, especially if you sleep with your baby.

[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][SIZE=-1][​IMG] Lie on one side and support your head and back with pillows so that you are comfortable. You might like one of those "body pillows" which are very long. I think they can be bought for about ten dollars. You can also bend one arm under your head and use the other hand to support your breast.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][SIZE=-1][​IMG] Line the baby up with her tummy to yours. Your nipple should be opposite her mouth. If she is still very young, you might want to place a pillow or rolled up blanket behind her to keep her from rolling back.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][SIZE=-1][​IMG]She will nurse on the lower breast. You can support it with your upper hand if neccessary.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][SIZE=-1]Many mothers like to reposition themselves on their other side to feed from the other breast. You can cuddle your baby on your chest, support her head and gently roll yourselves over. Often, you can just lean further over with the upper side instead of getting up and rolling over to switch sides. Make sure she is still postioned well in relation to your breast.[/SIZE][/FONT]

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Chitra,
    So when does it get better? Please dont say never!....:shaking:

V.

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

AadhusMOM

sorry to say NEVER.. you have kept your id to reflect someone very special and precious to you (so have I)
    my parents still worry about me i'm in my forties..it never ends..as children grow older the worries increase and we will lose sleep

So just focus on NOW and enjoy your babies..Think of it this way..you get an extra chance to get up and seeyour babies face at night too :)

8. shine82

shine82 New IL'ite

Hi

i'm very sorry to say that the thing u r doing can be very harmful for ur child in future, feeding while lying down can have adverse effects on child's ear. the child will have ear problems when she/he grows up.

please consult doc regarding this and they might confirm this as well !

9. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear pavi

welcome to the club !!!!!! this is indeed a challenge....waking up at night..its all in the game dear...but in due course you will get used to it..

lov
    sowmi

10. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hello everyone,

It feels so nice to read all your posts. From my very delayeeed post itself I guess you can know how much i am lost still.

I am at home completely no kitchen work, still I never seem to have any time at all.

Actually to say the truth, the few days I got really scared of parenting. Oh my god can i do it was the question within me..

Reading all your posts gives me confidence. Thank you ladies